HAUNTWORLD MAGAZINE ANNOUNCES TOP 13 HAUNTED ATTRACTIONS NATIONWIDE
List Highlights New Standards of Fear and Fun at Leading Haunts
St. Louis, MO – September 5, 2007 – To kick off the 2007 Haunt Season, Hauntworld Magazine, the haunt industry’s leading trade publication, today announced its list of the Top 13 Professional Haunted Attractions in the country. These attractions are being recognized for their attention to detail, high-quality special effects, and overall scare factor.
About Hauntworld Magazine:
Ranging from haunted hotels and prisons to spooky hayrides, the list represents the best haunted attractions the nation has to offer, as selected by the editors at Hauntworld Magazine. In an industry that has reached the multi-billion dollar mark, these haunts are leading the way in scream-inducing innovations.
“The haunts we’ve included are as expertly produced as any major motion picture today,” said Editor-in-Chief of Hauntworld Magazine, Larry Kirchner. “They have behind-the-scenes teams of master Hollywood special effects technicians, make-up artists, set designers, and trained actors. We’re an industry that exists to make people scream and laugh at the same time – and these haunts do just that, and more.”
2007 Top 13 Professional Haunted Attractions
1. Netherworld Haunted House, Atlanta, GA – www.Fearworld.com
2. 13th Gate, Baton Rouge, LA – www.midnightproduction.com/the13thgate.htm
3. The Bates Motel, Philadelphia, PA – www.thebatesmotel.com
4. Headless Horseman, Ulster Park, NY – www.headlesshorseman.com
5. The Darkness / CreepyWorld, St. Louis, MO – www.scarefest.com
6. Eastern State Penitentiary’s Terror Behind the Walls, Philadelphia, PA – www.easternstate.org/halloween
7. Erebus Four Story Haunted Attraction, Detroit, MI – www.hauntedpontiac.com
8. 7 Floors of Hell, Cleveland, OH – www.7floorsofhell.com
9. SpookyWoods, Greensboro, NC – www.spookywoods.com
10. Universal Studios House of Horrors, Hollywood CA – www.universalstudioshollywood.com
11. Shipwreck Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA – www.queenmaryshipwreck.com
12. Dreamreapers, Chicago, IL – www.dreamreapers.com
13. Haunted Hotel, San Diego, CA – www.hauntedhotel.com
For more information on this year’s Top 13 Haunted Attractions as well as other top industry lists, please visit www.hauntworld.com.
Best Haunted Tourist Location
1) Salem, Ma. www.salem.org
Some of the cool places to visit in Salem
Best Year around Haunted House in America
1) Universal Studios House of Horror, Hollywood, Ca.
2) Disney’s Haunted Mansion, Orlando, Ca.
3) Ripleys Haunted Adventure, Gatlinburg, Tn.
Best Home Haunted House
1) Castle Blood, Pittsburgh, Pa. www.castleblood.com
2) Haunted Overload, www.hauntedoverload.com
3) Terror Syndicate http://www.terrorsyndicate.com/tsp_haunts.html
4) Rot Haunted House www.rothauntedhouse.com
Most Unusual Haunt’s in America
1) Ravens Grin Inn www.hauntedravensgrin.com/
2) Boney Island http://www.boneyisland.com/
3) Balloon Manor http://www.balloonmanor.com
Coolest Haunted Videos on You Tube
1) Bates Haunt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIez-vboMaM
2) Turbidite Manor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLlg2JzejM
Scariest Haunted House Commericials on You Tube
1) Disney Halloween http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3F70OIAMxc
2) NETHERWORLD Haunted House http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaXYgSgOlio
3) 13th Gate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3seL2_K8s
Scariest Haunted House Websites
2) Haunted Hotel, San Diego, Ca. www.hauntedhotel.com
3) Atrox Factory, Birmingham , AL www.atroxfactory.com
4) House of Horror, Buffalo NY http://www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com/
Best Amusement Park Halloween Events
1) Universal Studios Horror Nights Orlando/Hollywood http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/
2) Knott’s Scary Farm http://www.halloweenhaunt.com/haunt07.shtml
3) Tampa Busch Gardens HallowScream http://www.howl-o-scream.com/tampa/
Hauntworld Magazine (www.hauntworld.com) is the premier haunted attraction magazine in the industry. Coupled with its online component, hauntworld.com, Hauntworld provides insider access into the world of haunted houses and attractions. Readers can find information regarding the top haunts around the country and internationally, Halloween vendors, manufacturers, events, tips and forums. Originally created to serve haunted attraction industry members through its unique editorial content and discussion boards, Hauntworld now helps nearly four million people find the best haunts each Halloween season. The magazine/website and its editors have been featured in publications such as USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and Time and on the National Geographic Channel, among other media outlets.