View Full Version : Audio Impact...
04-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Ok guys Universal calls it an E-prompt, Oak Island/Onadira calls it a Performer Sound Scare. I'm looking for folks who manufacture a speaker with loaded or loadable sound effects, triggerable by foot pedal. What I'm not looking for is the Screamcube as that is actor worn. I could have sworn people were talking about someone (other than that Oak Island) to be manufacturing this product this year for Transworld (didn't get to go). Any info appreciated.
04-19-2010, 04:28 PM
We are designing a Haunted Attraction for a theme park this season and will be installing such an item in it for our design, and for our own product line.
All that I need to find is the right speaker for the job.
AND I am open for input on it.
There are so many options with this system it is dizzying. It can even control scene lighting at the same time. When it gets stepped on it can play the same sound effect or randomly choose different ones.
04-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I know frightprops has another option as well.
04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
EFX-TEK just came out with a new board, the AP-16+ which was designed for use as what your describing.
* Plays 16-bit, stereo WAV files; any bit rate up to 44.1kHz
-- no MP3 encoding required
* Files are stored on SD card
* Can loop background track ("ambient.wav") without user intervention (other than selecting loop mode)
* Can play one of 16 files using play input (button, dry contact, DC input, or PIR) or one of eight auxiliary files from parallel inputs
* Can randomize one to 16 files from start input
-- all files played before repeats
-- max files based on select switch
* Manual operation overrides background (ambient) loop
-- at conclusion of file ambient loop will restart if enabled
* Relay output active when file plays (not active for ambient loop)
* Pots to set pre-play and post-play delays
* TTL serial connection for external control from Prop-1, Prop-2, Prop-SX and other controllers
You can hook up a light or other device to the relay, trigger it with just about anything, and I know the on board audio amplifiers will just about blow a 60w speaker.
I belive these will be available with in the next two weeks. I will be ordering at least a dozen or so for our haunted attraction.
We picked up one of the EFX-TEK pieces during Transworld if you wanna come down and check it out...
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Hi guys! Thanks for the heads up! I will certainly check this stuff out.
Umby - Will come check out you guys new toys!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.