View Full Version : Not sure if this exists?

damon carson
04-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Does anyone know of a spray felt in a can? Not sure if you can even get it? Knew this would be the place to ask. Ive got some cheap plastic top hats and other things I want to spray this stuff with to make them look more realistic. Any help is appreciated.

04-26-2010, 10:10 AM
Not sure about spray paint but i wanna say Michaels (craft store) had a paint or an additive that you put in paint that gives it a frabic type look. I don't remember exactly it has been a long time since i have looked.

04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I think what youre referring to is called "flocking" and it is sold in bags and comes in many colors. You have to apply a flock adhesive to your material then you apply the flock itself, but it has to be statically charged first so that the ends of the strands will stick to the adhesive. Just do a google search for "craft flocking". Just dont flock it up ok? :D

04-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I believe you are looking for Flocking.


04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Yep that was the stuff I was talking about.

damon carson
04-26-2010, 01:39 PM
I had thought of using like train model type stuff. And using spray adhesive and dusting over it with a black foam. But this stuff looks like it is made of a nylon material. This should work much better. Thanks for all the help!