View Full Version : The Green House

06-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Hello gang

I have a question that i cant seem to get answered. I am looking at getting a "buttkicker" for part of the Haunt to simulate the thunder feel. It is going to shake a table of clay pots that are triggered when the lightning flashes. My question is do i need the amplifier that they sell or can i plug this in directly to a receiver and get enough boom without any amp? Or can i use any car audio amp to power it? When I emailed Buttkicker they told me i needed to use their amp and it was required. Anyone out there use this?

I think this is a great idea and want to implement it ASAP!

06-05-2010, 10:25 AM
You must use a sub amp or one with a low pass filter.As long as the ohms are correct any brand should be ok. http://home.comcast.net/~davemats/bass_shakers.html

06-05-2010, 10:40 AM
that is correct....we dont use their brand of amp...we actually had quite a bit of trouble with theirs...so we use a diff amp to power them...mostly because we have a lot of them hooked up...


06-05-2010, 07:55 PM
what type of amp do you use recommend? I want ease as well as quality... ha

06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
How many watt amp are you looking for?

06-07-2010, 11:07 AM

We met at TW. i am looking for just one with amp. PM me and we can talk:)

06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Just in case you are interested - I have slightly used one for sale. Used approximately 4 nights (indoors) for about 5 hours each night. I also have wall mount shakers new in box. Feel free to PM me if interested.

chuck weber
06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
your website is down.... tried to access it several times. non-exsistant.

chuck weber
06-08-2010, 04:45 PM
thanks for the detailed info. great easy to learn process. thanks alot.

06-09-2010, 08:00 AM
your website is down.... tried to access it several times. non-exsistant.
Hey Chuck. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working, I clicked on the link www.nlfxpro.com under my name/info and it went right to our website. Maybe our server was down when you tried?