View Full Version : Whats this called and who sells it?

07-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I would search it but I have no idea what it is called. It is a rail the actor attaches to and he jumps toward the guests and floats at them from above. Its not the bungee system. So the actor is on a platform and glides down a hall? Any ideas? A "how to" would be good. Does this make sense?

07-27-2010, 09:06 AM
It sounds more like a zip line type system to me. A similar effect could also be done with a rail and trolley setup. Either way its a body harness attached to a trolley running on ?

freak 'n' stein
07-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Did you see this in Netherworld?! I know when we visited last year we loved the effect so much that we're building our own this year. Not sure anyone makes it, but as rw says, it sounds like a zipline system and that's similar to how we're building ours.

damon carson
07-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Not sure if this is what your talking about or not. But Scarefactory makes a sissor type platform that your actor stands on and operates. It can either lift you out at your customers or some can lift the actor in the air.

07-27-2010, 01:03 PM
You can use an overhead rail trolley system with a horizontal harness. Your actor would slide from one platform, then turn around and slide back superman style.

You could use a zip line as well, but you would really have to get the cable nice and tight.

07-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Rail trolley system... is that something I can buy?

07-27-2010, 01:24 PM
This isn't excatly what you are looking for but might be adaptable or give you ideas to make your own.


You can also google overhead trolley system or Ibeam trolley system and get some ideas.