View Full Version : Panic Attack haunt website
08-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Website almost finish ck it out guys! www.panicattackhaunt.com
Front Yard Fright
08-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Looking good! One thing I would suggest is make the overall layout smaller (I was taught no wider than 900px). I've got a fairly large screen but there's still scroll bars on the top and bottom. Also, a button to turn off the music would be a good idea.
Other than that it looks kick ass!
08-24-2010, 07:36 PM
make it smaller and a sound volume control to control the sound. otherwise, GREAT !!!!
08-25-2010, 02:11 AM
We just had our site redone and the designer said that nowadays you have to build site for viewing on a laptop since our demographics almost all own laptops instead of desktops.
And always have a Stop Music button. I had the designer remove the background music because face it, the first thing everyone does is turn the music OFF!! I have sound, I have the story's of each of the attractions read by a voice actor. But it is something you click on IF you want to hear it. Check it out www.LasVegasHaunts.com to see what I mean.
08-25-2010, 03:25 AM
As a designer, this is what I would recommend.
1. If your going to have sound, then make sure you have a very clearly visible "Mute" option. Nothing annoys people then when you can't turn off the sound. I'm sure co-workers love hearing screams and other sounds coming from the cubical next door.
2. Make sure that any text that you have stands out and doesn't blend into the artwork and background. The color pallet your using makes some things hard to read. You have white text that crosses over several areas that are light blue and white making it impossible to read. Especially considering that it's the "Warning / Disclaimer" for the haunt which needs to be clearly visible and easy to read. Do something the separate the text from the background.
3. RJ is right. Make sure that the design you make is setup using a width that is easy for a variety of users monitors, especially LCD's. I wouldn't make anything larger than 1024 width wise. It's now rare to see someone still using 800x600, but at least you know 1024 will fit.
4. I see that your using tables to layout the site. Consider moving everything over to using div's. It's much easier to do layouts and ensure that everything looks the same from browser to browser and OS to OS.
5. Make sure all your links work. The photo button isn't working.
It has a unique look. Just needs to be smoothed out a little more.
08-25-2010, 04:09 AM
All the talk is right on. The sound can be good and annoying. The panic atach site looks good as well as Rich's.
By the way Rich, Congratulations on being a "HAUNTWORLD TOP 13 HAUNT". I didn't realize that you had been selected for that until I saw the "TOP 13" logo on your site.
08-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys for all the comments. Im sending those over to the designer to have the site tweaked a little. Once again! Thanks Yall
08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Some things have been corected on site. Thanks for all the help guys!
Front Yard Fright
08-27-2010, 11:02 AM
The layout looks great! Here are a few other errors I noticed...
"We cant even begin to explain how elaborate and twisted this place is." (Can't needs an apostrophe.)
"Incredible high tech special effects, hollywood quality sets, and terrifying live actors."(Hollywood should be capitalized)
The "Warning" image should say recommended not reconmended.
"General" is spelled wrong.
You should included a phone number after "Call for Special Group Rates with 10 or more"
Other than that it's perfect!
08-27-2010, 11:07 AM
I think it looks good and I like the music playing. I've always enjoyed sites that have sound!
08-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Looks good, I like the limited amount of flash...loads quickly, helps customer get their infomation quick. Also, nice graphics!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.