View Full Version : Where to buy hose for ankle whips.

09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I want to make ankle whips for my haunt to use with some rat sounds, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. I already have 1/4 inch pneumatic fittings and solenoids, just what do I use for the actual whips and where can I buy it.

Allen H
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Normally rubber tubing from depot does the trick.

09-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Silicone tubing is much softer and won't hurt when whipping around. Tubing such as vinyl and polyethylene that they sell at home depot hurts a lot more when whipping around at 60-80 psi. You can get silicone tubing from supply houses like grainger.

09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
If the place you plan on buying the tubing from is far, make sure you call first and inquire if there is a minimum length to buy for a decent price. Some places will charge you an arm and a leg if you want to buy a minimal amount.

09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
So I'm guessing something like this would work just fine...