03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
OK the date has been set. Here is a chance to own part of haunt history as it is being sold off in pieces. Who is planning on attending. I know we are going and I have in mind what I want to try and get. Mike
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
ROCKY POINT HAUNTED HOUSE
The Nation’s Number One Haunted Attraction Prepares for its Final Season of Fear!
Salt Lake City, March 1st, 2007 –Rocky Point Haunted House Final Eight Nights of Haunting March 23, 24, 30, 31, April 6, 7, 13 and 14, 2007
After twenty seven frighteningly successful years, the Rocky Point Haunted House is scheduled to close its creaky doors for good this spring. This will be the last chance the public will be able to see this world renowned haunt.
“I have traveled the world looking at haunted attractions and there has never been, and likely will never be another place like Rocky Point”. Says Paul Pei of Ocean Park Hong Kong for whom Cydney Neil has consulted.
The show will be in full swing March 23rd and open every Friday and Saturday night until April 14thth. The show will then be dismantled and sold to haunt enthusiasts around the country.
“Although I know this is the right thing to do and the right time, tearing down Rocky Point will be the hardest thing I have ever done” says Cydney Neil, the show’s owner and creator. “I just hope everyone has a chance to see it before it’s gone”.
The Rocky Point Haunted House was one of the first commercial haunted houses in the country. It began in 1979 as a small spook alley in the once famous Rocky Point Restaurant in Ogden, Utah. Over the past 27 years, Neil has grown the attraction into the largest, most sophisticated haunted house in the industry. Rocky Point Haunted House is regarded as the “Disneyland of haunted attractions” and has been referred to as “the best haunted house ever, anywhere”. It receives repeated recognition in local, national and international magazines and newspapers.
The Rocky Point Haunted House actor training programs have trained over 2,000 youth and have been referred to as some of the “most valuable youth programs in the State of Utah”. In addition to numerous national awards as the #1 haunted attraction, the event has won the Best Special Event, the Best Recreational Attraction and the Best Small Business in Utah award from the Best of State Competition for three consecutive years. And on top of all this, Rocky Point Haunted House has raised over a half a million dollars for local charities; the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Salt Lake being its current partner.
The haunted house opens March 23rd, 24th, 30th 31st, April 6th , 7th, 13th and 14th from 8pm to midnight. There will be day lights on tours from 1pm to 3pm on March 24th and April 7th. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children under 12. Day tour prices are $20 per person.
Proposed events and possible story angles surrounding the closing schedule:
• Friday, March 23rd, 2nd Annual Scream Break and Final six nights kicks off.
• March 23rd, Contest for “A Night of Fear” sleepover at the haunted house kicks off. Rocky Point will be giving away a chance of a lifetime to two lucky people and their guests. On Friday, April 13th , these four lucky people, two of whom was selected from a drawing on April 7th , will spend the entire night inside the haunted house. Their night will begin as they watch backstage first-hand how the cast and crew get ready for the show. They will then enjoy a private dinner in the graveyard, a swim in the Black Lagoon, some fun in the Psycho Circus and many other fun and frightening times before they each retire to their own private coffin prepared especially for them and set up in the Vampire’s crypt. They may even be visited by a surprise guest or two! Sunday morning they will be served breakfast in their coffin before they leave the haunt, having been some of the very last visitors in this legendary haunt.
• Saturday, March 23rd and April 7th, (reservation only) Daytime backstage tours scheduled, guided by Cydney Neil, Rocky Point’s designer and owner.
• Friday and Saturday March 30th and 31st : Final Fright Nights event, the seventh annual two-day behind the scenes workshop for haunt enthusiasts.
• Friday, April 13th : Jason from Friday the 13th will be on site signing autographs and selling signed photos
• Friday night, April 13th : A Night of Fear sleepover at Rocky Point for winners of contest.
• Saturday, April 14th : Rocky Point’s official Funeral. Times and details to be announced.
• Saturday, April 14th : Final show. Rocky Point Haunted House closes for good.
• Friday, April 27th and Saturday, April 28th: Auction of all Rocky Point inventory, to be held at Rocky Point.
Additional information is available at www.rockypointhauntedhouse.com or by calling Todd Knoll of Fusion Integrated Marketing at 801-598-6888 or email@example.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.