View Full Version : Hauntworld Magazine Issue 29 and 30
11-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Okay we are here and working on an issue... Patti is now selling ads officially to vendors. So far we have two featured haunts for the issue.
1) Anyone have an article they would like to see written, or do you have an article you'd like to write? Let me know.
2) Going forward if you want your haunted house featured both on the website and in the magazine you need to contact Patti directly: email@example.com Some of the featured haunted house articles such as 13th Gates was read nearly 50,000 times in October alone sending thousands of hits to his website and a host of national media. Do you want to build your brand, gain access to tons of media, and send thousands more visitors to your website? CONTACT PATTI TODAY... we have a very limited amount of featured articles left and they are limited because we only do three magazines. We uploaded Eastern States article in August and it got about 25,000 hits in a very short period of time, Cutting Edge from Dallas had 51,000 for the Halloween season, Pennhurst had around 47,000... the list goes on and on. Contact Patti today.
3) If you are a vendor trying to promote your products we have a whole new program dedicated to promoting your business. The full details are included in a new media kit we have just created. Again contact Patti today... firstname.lastname@example.org or 314 629 3940.
4) Lastly do you have any suggestions for the upcoming issue no matter what it is... we are always looking to improve.
12-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Hauntworld Magazine 29 will feature three haunted houses: Tim Bunch House of Horror in Buffalo, 13th Floor from San Antonio and Phoenix. We are planning to do both 29 and 30 at the same time so we can put them out on top of each other. Issue 30 will feature Dead Acres and two or three other haunts.
We are doing articles on parades, trailer haunted houses, marketing, how to build brand year around and much more. Eric from Haunted Overload is doing some how to articles for me showing you how he made some of his oversized creatures.
The magazines are already started and we should have a cover for issue 29 very soon. To subscribe go to www.hauntedhousemagazine.com (http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com)
12-21-2011, 02:59 AM
This magazine is really far along now... it could be the biggest one we've ever done just depending. We have 5 haunts who wanted to be featured but not all their articles are completed... we are printing the magazine first week of January one way or another. At this point most of the articles are layed out. We have featured articles from Haunted Overload, Netherworld (Ben), The Haunt House wrote a que line article, its just jam packed. We have articles also coming from 13th Gate, and Rich Strelak.
You name it and they keep coming in.
I will start posting some images from the magazine soon. Issue 30 will come out like a few weeks later mid February. We are doing both at the same time. Mostly at this point we are waiting on ads from vendors and some info from Transworld.
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Sorry to say we just can't seem to get this thing printed or even off to the printer. It seems like it will not see the printer no sooner than next Friday and most of you won't get these magazines now until at the soonest 3rd week of January. This is by far the biggest full color issue we've ever done, and the most expensive by a long shot. I have no idea how many pages this thing will be but it might be 80 pages or more. Its out of control!
We are additionally already working on issue 30 as well they are being done at the same time.
Subscribe today at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com
01-06-2012, 12:18 AM
Okay we keep getting closer to the biggest issue we've ever printed in full color... it will be between 75 and 100 pages.
Its jam packed with articles and information. I think this is the best cover yet. I love it!
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Awesome cover! Brainstorm rules!
01-11-2012, 01:02 AM
We just can't seem to get this magazine printed folks... we are still waiting on some vendor ads then away we'll go. Its looking like another two weeks before this baby is printed. Its massive simply massive magazine at this point. I think everyone will love it.
The good news is this ... Issue 30 will be a piece of cake to produce it should take a week or 10 days to get done.
So it will be something like bam and bam!
01-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I can tell you we still don't have this thing done... really the main thing holding it up at this point is all the vendors who are buying ads. Everytime we turn around we are adding 3 more vendors... this is the most support we've ever had from vendor and we really appreciate it. I'm telling you guys something keep an eye on these pages right here: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_suppliers/index.cfm
We adding tons of vendors every single day... just added like 10 new ones today and on Friday we have scheduled to add like 10 more. Its an ongoing process but when its done this will be your bible to find what you need.
If you click on Ghost Rides profile for example you can download his brand new brochure PDF is uploaded all his products boom done...
Chuck says he's going to work all through the weekend to get this baby done... next week its going to the printer promise.
We are already working on issue 30 and it will go much faster so there ya go...
01-12-2012, 06:56 PM
We can wait................ok its it ready NOW??? I cant wait for the haunted hoochie issue.
01-13-2012, 03:27 AM
I'm up at nearly 4am working on HAUNTWORLD MAGAZINE... this is getting crazy man!
I would upload some images from the magazine but I'm too lazy... the files are like 5 megs so I'd have to put them into photoshop and resize.
Oh well... we did happen to upload two new featured articles on the front page of Hauntworld check them out.
01-13-2012, 08:26 AM
I got a 33 page story want to add it!!! Shane and it's man that has to be a headache at 4am! Shane
01-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Anyway I'm take a look at the final version of the magazine TODAY (SATURDAY) and we should get this off the printer on Monday which means we might have the magazine in hand by Friday. They will go out the door the same day!
Its coming soon and its big and its huge and its giant and its ... you get it! LOL
Get your subscription today at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com (http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com)
01-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I hope this isnt turning into another wishbook! Shane you know what I mean! LOL!
01-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Lol too funny...are they even around still Damon?
01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
We are getting closer it should be at the printer by Wed at the latest. The next magazine will be 72 or 76 pages I think that is the final number. The next issue will take nothing to produce because the main thing we waited for was ads from vendors so we could layout the magazine. Now that we have them all we can fly through the next one. So I would look for these in your mail box around January 26th or so.
Its coming I promise... it is clearly the best one we've ever produced.
01-18-2012, 02:20 AM
FYI... the magazine is FINALLY DONE. It is at the printer.
Hauntworld Magaizne 30 is on its way as well... I wrote an article for it yesterday and we are about done. Get your subscription today at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com (http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com)
01-30-2012, 05:26 AM
Issue 29 shipped today. If you don't get a magazine by Friday you either don't have a subscription, your subscription ran out, or there is a clerical error. LOL
Issue 30 will ship two weeks later and it will not be as massive a magazine (Issue 29 is 72 full color pages) however it will be jam packed as well...
So far issue 30 has a how to article from Haunted Overload, 20 Most Influential Haunts in History, Feature Articles on House of Horrors, Dead Acres, Haunt House, Asylum (vegas), and much more.
Get your subscription today at www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
Additionally we finally finished shooting 'How To Detail Your Haunted House Part 3' and will start editing that this week. I can't say for sure when if at all we'll film the 3D video...its kind of on the back burner at the moment. We are shipping out 2 mini golf attractions today, shipping out nearly 2000 magazines, and cleaning our building.
A lot going on today... then we have to go away for about 10 days to install the attractions. So very little will get done over the next 14 days so hard to say when we can work on that 3D video.
02-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Who got their new Hauntworld Magazine Issue 29? What did you think? Let me know. Larry
02-02-2012, 08:43 PM
I have subscribed to you're magazine twice, for a years subscription. Is there only 2 issues a year, because thats all I've ever received.
02-02-2012, 11:08 PM
I didn't get one today..maybe tomorrow.
I had an problem with my issues of 27 and 28, was told when it was rectified my subscription would be good til issue 30..so we'll see and I'll post when it shows up !
02-03-2012, 02:49 AM
If anyone has an issue with their subscription you email me directly with your address and info about your subscription and we'll look into it!
Anyway if anyone gets their magazines let me know.
02-03-2012, 10:54 PM
have only read a couple articles got a lot left to read and it is great so far.
02-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Okay this is getting stupid... LOL
Who got their magazine you had to have got this thing by now. What did you think?
Update on Issue 30... here is the cover! Check it out.
Issue 30 will also be 72 pages.
Its almost done.
Get your subscription at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com
02-05-2012, 05:27 AM
Still havent got mine....maybe tomorrow? (Monday) Its odd because usually from STL everything gets to me in 2-3 days. Its been like 5 days I think....maybe the ponies had to stop and eat?
02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Nothing yet either. I'm hoping Monday as well.
I did send an email to Jim , since he's the one I had my deal through to get these last two issues, before resubscribing.
My original problem was I didn't issues 27 and 28 and had to email about that so there might be a problem again.
Hopefully I'll get the issue Monday or hear from Jim then.
The cover looks pretty sweet !
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Got home from work late last night and the Hauntworld magazine was there. Looks cool can't wait to read it.
02-09-2012, 03:02 AM
Issue 30 is going to the press on Monday. We have the top 20 most influential haunted houses in our industry history inside... can you guess the list?
What I'm trying to do here is document the past and the present history of our industry through the magazine and the website. Some day maybe soon I won't be around to do this anymore so I want to leave as much as I can behind. In the future it will be up to someone else to carry the torch on such things.
I really think everyone will enjoy the article.
02-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I got mine today!!! I would love to start a thread about bens part. I loved how he broke down the people in the groups. Allen did a great job of that as well in his dvd.
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Yes ... I want to know... If you think this "group dynamic idea" is sound how would you USE that knowledge to give them a better experience? Would you selectively engage those playing certain roles in special ways?
How would you work a group differently?
02-09-2012, 07:21 PM
well ben when I look at the people coming to my haunt I break up the people into different kinds of groups. now not all are like this but alot are.
1. The billy badass, or a group of guys. hes the guy who isnt scared of anything and puts on the act for his friends or girlfriend, tells hes going to hit our actors.
2. the scared teen girls ...they are so much fun.
3. older people ..these people come to bring there kids or grand kids and they seem to have a good time but laugh the whole way though.
4. the fun people, they are there to embrace it all they are in a good mood and always have fun.
5. VERY scared people. its like pulling teeth to get them in the door. Most of the time someone is making them go in.
Race or Religion (I know....BUT when you know you can keep things running smooth)
(not all but lots do this)
1. white people..tend to put up a front and show that they are not scared.
2. black people ..have no prob. showing how scared they are and tend to over react to the scare by running out of the scene or knocking over other group members.
3. Hispanics...tend to get religious very fast. they see things and they will start to pray out loud.
4. Asian people .. when they get a good scare they will fall down on the floor and not move.
1. Kids 0-12 I dont think my haunt is a place for these kids. they need to be at a haunt made for kids. They tend to cry and slow down the groups.
2. 13-20 the teens can be lots of fun, but also can ruin the whole groups experience by showing off for there friends.
3. 21-30 most of the time this age will be the drunks, mostly males although Ive seen some VERY drunk females.
4. 30-70 the older crowd never seems to have any issues and can really enjoy themselves.
So After reading what ben wrote I will look at more groups of people and add these to my list. I also will look at these people when I advertise too. I believe there is all kind of people and everyone sees thing differently, Thats why when I make flyers I make 5-7 different kind cause people see things in different ways. The same should go when I build my haunt, Make the haunt in different ways so that everyone has things to look at. Some like to look at the haunt detail and some like the actors and some dont see any of it cause they have there head in the back of the person in front of them.
Ben thanks for writing that up I got so much out of it.
02-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Looks good! Shane and it's now to read it! Shane
02-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Received mine a few days ago!
I like the article about group interaction!
I love Haunt World! Just as a suggestion, in general I'd be interested in seeing more articles, and less haunt reviews. Anyone else agree?
I wonder if it would be possible to have on-going columns that appear in every issue? Like perhaps a business column, sets column, lighting/sound column, actor column, etc. What about having a column every issue about the absolute cutting-edge in haunted house special effects? There is something new coming out all the time. Vendors would probably be interested in having their latest equipment featured in that column too. Just some ideas, because I know you're always asking for input on the magazine Larry.
02-14-2012, 05:29 AM
FYI... Issue 30 is now at the printer. This issue actually has MORE pages than the last issue I think this one has 76 pages.
We have the most advertisers we've ever had ... OVER 40 I think.
I was looking through the pages lots of new exciting products from vendors I can tell you that.
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
I really enjoyed Issue 29. I feel the direction and information the magazine provides is far more useful and informative than in years past. Looking forward to Issue 30.
02-21-2012, 04:14 AM
Well thank you...
Just a heads up... Issue 30 is at the printer. We are going to print the magazine on thinner paper because shipping costs and costs to print on that paper is making the magazine lose too much money. So this new issue will be a change ... I also notice with the really thick paper the cover will tear off the magazine. So we'll see.
Anyway we should have it back this week and if we can safely mail your magazine with you getting it prior to the show we'll mail them out.
This magazine is 76 pages of full color info... we have a record with about 50 vendors marketing through the magazine.
Issue 31 will not come out until June. You can get your subscription at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com
02-21-2012, 02:42 PM
I think your onto something about the thick paper. My copy came apart in the middle of the magazine. I think it may be to thick for the staples.
02-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I agree with Dan, mine ripped almost instantly at the staples and when I recieved it all the pages were stucked together at the bottom and had to be peeled apart tearing paper in the process.
02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Yeah see I totally agree ... that is the ticket! And lets not forget the price of the magazine dropped by a couple thousand bucks. It will be on thinner paper from here on out. Shipping has also got out of hand... post office is raising prices again.
03-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Couple things here...
1) Hauntworld Magazine 30 is printed and is at our office. We will take to the show and hand out there. Anyone who doesn't pick up their copy we'll mail after the show. There will be NO FREE copies handed out we only printed enough for subscribers. Come to the show and pick up your copy at our booth.
2) How to Detail Your Haunt 3: Some of you ordered this DVD and we haven't shipped... sorry. This DVD is actually now at the duplicator and we'll have them mid-next week. This DVD is DONE! If you want the DVD you can buy it at the show, or at our haunted house tours and or order online at www.hauntedhousesupplies.com and we'll ship it after the show.
3) How to Detail Your 3D Haunt: I filmed this today...yeah just today. Its being editing RIGHT NOW! It will be done just in time for the show. We are putting this DVD on sale today on our website. Everything same as above.
You may also order single issues of the magazine at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com
Remember START PLACING YOUR ORDERS NOW and we'll do our best to start mailing out EVERYTHING this coming week.
Sorry for any orders held up we just wanted to do a good job on the DVD's so they are now available for delivery starting next week.
03-03-2012, 08:25 PM
I should be good through issue 30...but def should be renewing this month ! :D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.