View Full Version : For anyone who uses contacts

02-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Check out this article/page, http://www.dangerous-contact-lenses.com/

I LOVE BodyJewelleryShop.com and never had a problem with them......but this still makes me a little uncomfortable.

Just thought I'd share.

02-29-2012, 10:47 AM
If you go about getting your contacts the right way, then you don't have to worry about crap like that. Get an eye exam folks and buy from a reputable dealer of special effect lenses.

03-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, This looks like a great opportunity for some folks to let us know where to buy from! I know we're interested in buying a lot this year. I say a lot, to you guys may be piddly lol. But we plan on having at least 8 character's in detailed costumes with contacts needs.

Thinking about things like that is scary, but we just need to be careful when it comes to things like this.

03-01-2012, 08:37 PM
You only get one set of peepers guys!! be careful with them! Unlike teeth once your eyes are gone theyre gooooone.

My eye doctor did some research when I asked about lenses for the haunt I work at. He also asked that I come in to have them fitted after I got them in (he didn't charge for this since I already come in for normal contacts) He checked to make sure they were good material, fit right, and made sure they moved with the eye properly. Coastalcontacts.com is who I went through and didn't have any problems, and the lenses I wore were FDA approved.

Once the Halloween season is over get rid of the lenses because they might say a year lens but that equals up to about a month of wear time. Don't try to get 2 seasons out of lenses because you can get some serious eye infections!

Can't be too careful with something as vital as your vision.