View Full Version : I was wondering how to do this.

10-16-2007, 09:17 PM
I went to a local haunted house. I seen somethings that were interesting. One thing that they did that I was wondering if anyone could help explain how to do is they had about a 10 ft long section that you walk through. On both sides there was an inflatable or airblown object. The two objects were so close together that you had to squeeze through the two airblown "walls." I was thinking it was something like a moonbounce that keeps air blowing through it at all times but still gives way a little so you can squeeze through. I was wondering where you could get something like that. If it would be too expensive to do that is there someway to create the same illusion.

Another thing that they had that I thought was interesting was a "walk the plank section" where they had boards about 2ft wide in a hallway about 6ft wide. The boards were up off of the floor about 2-4 inches but it created the illusion that you couldn't step off of the boards. They had something push into you to make you think you were going to fall off the "plank."

Rich B
10-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Inflatable walls? Saw these at Hauntcon this year, the effect is called claustrophobia and is by Oak Island Entertainment Group they range in size from 7x8 to 7x16


10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeah that is what I was talking about. Does anyone know of a way to create the same effect without buying these things for $999. I know it wont be as good as the real thing but that concept is what I was trying to accomplish. If anyone has any ideas I would be very interested in trying to do this effect.

10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Our haunted house uses this "inflatable walls" concept, but created it ourselves using ordinary items.

-Two Fans
-Arrow 5/16" T50 Industrial Pack Staples
-Tables or Boxes (anything to stack the fans on)

Here is the sketch:

The idea is that fans are blowing air through holes in the wall and inturn, will inflate the tarp bubble. Remember that the tarp bubble needs a vent so the incoming air has a way to escape. In this case, experiment on how many staples to use so it stays on the wall, but also able to create long enough gaps to make a vent.

10-19-2007, 06:24 AM
You may be able to do it with those inflatable gargoyle things walmart sells.