View Full Version : Does Anyone know much about this company?
02-25-2008, 04:16 AM
This company will have an ad in our upcoming magazine, and what they offer looks interesting. Has anyone used this yet or know much about it?
I'm pretty excited that someone is making software programs finally for our industry. Tell me if you know anything about them...
02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Its about time I introduced myself. My name is Ken Darrigo and I am the creator of ClearCut Operations. Although I rarely post on Hauntworld, I have been lurking the boards since the late 90's and have owned and operated my own haunted attraction for the past 13 (www.terrordome.com) as well as starting up a Christmas event last year (www.northpolewonderland.com).
As fellow haunted attraction owners know, there's a need for better accounting within our operations. I have been working very hard on developing software that will give haunted attraction owners a better tool to take control of our operations. I tested ClearCut on my own events last season, and it helped form every decision I made in its development.
On March 16th at this year's Transworld in Vegas show, ClearCut Operations will make its public debut of our Point of Sale solution as well as our Asset Management Suite. Both pieces of software have been developed with the specific needs and accountability of the haunted industry always kept in mind.
At the show we will have live hands-on demonstrations of both pieces of software. Please stop by our booth (8515)! It would be great to meet and talk to all of my fellow haunters. For those who cannot make it to the show, we will start giving online demonstrations right after.
In the meantime you can check out the full features and benefits on website at www.clearcutoperations.com.
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone at the show!
02-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Your Christmas light show is AWESOME!!!!
02-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Can you bullet point for us some of the things it does? Like it will help you do what for example...
02-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Is it Dark Show specific, or could a would manufacturer/vendor use this product?
02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
That was quite a light show I have to agree! Nice Job!
02-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the Christmas show. That light show is actually much larger then it looks in the video. The center tree alone is 24 feet high and has 216 strands of lights on it. The whole thing is computer controlled with over 160 channels (outlets). Custom programming was very loooooooooong! I've been working with the software for years so it took on average 45 - 60 minutes to program every 20 seconds of running show time (running show was 10 minutes). BUT it was by far the hit of the event! We were surprised at how the parents were just as mesmerized as the kids.
Later in the spring we may be putting packages of these light shows together for any haunter that is converting to Christmas. It will pretty much be all the components for a complete attraction. I will have some videos with me at Transworld, but as of right now we're concentrating on the rollout of the newest ClearCut products.
02-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Below you find some quick points on both ClearCut Point of Sale and ClearCut Asset Management. ClearCut Point of Sale has a TON of features and will take up most of the post, so for a full feature listing please stop by http://www.clearcutoperations.com/html/ticketing.htm .
ClearCut Point of Sale
- Print tickets on demand at time of sale.
- Unlimited ticket types. Sell General Admission, VIP (RIP) tickets, Free Passes, and more from one printer. No need to order custom tickets each year.
- Full ticket layout control.
- Track your marketing and sales by zip code collection and reporting.
- Track ticket and product sales by the hour.
- Accept date specific coupons and/or free passes.
- Track refunds, voids, reissued, revoked transactions by cashier, workstation, or workstation type.
- Temperatures and precipitation linked to sales data.
- Ticketing, Retail, Concession, and Online ticketing feed into one condensed system.
- You set cashier permissions until a managerís approval is needed.
- Monitor sales in real time.
- Set nightly capacity limits.
- Track the full inventory of your animatronics, props, costumes, tools, and more.
- Assign a building and location to each asset. Change the location as your assets move.
- Keeps a maintenance history of your assets including total cost.
- Record lost, damaged, stolen, or assets that have been sold.
- Values your asset inventory by purchase price or current depreciative value in the event of an insurance loss or possible sale.
- Sign in and out assets along with a complete history. Great for lending costumes to actors!
- Allows you to attach user manuals or any type of file to the asset profile for better organization.
- Builds a hardcopy catalog of your assets according to building, vendor, asset type, or asset name.
- Multiple reports to assist you keep track of your assets.
At the show we will have both pieces of software available for a hands-on demonstration (Booth 8515). I'll be the one sandwiched between the two cadavers (Abracadaver and Dapper Cadaver)! So stop by and say hello. In the meantime please stop by the website at www.clearcutoperations.com.
I know that some people can't make it to the show this year so after it wraps up I'll be giving live demonstrations through your web broswer.
19 days... See you then!
02-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Also, what is the price point of your programs as compared to hiring outside programming to spec?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.