View Full Version : Taking it Pro?

04-21-2009, 04:08 PM
alright this year i was thinking of paying to get into the haunt insteaad of just accepting donations. By doing this i am required to say hello to Mr. Fire Marshall and getting zoneing orders, insurance coverage, and must meet code requirments. I have nno idea how to check most of these things (outside of the whole insurrence coverage). I live in Canton Georgia and i cant find anything regarding haunted attraction codes and requirments (other then fire safty). Not to mention im under a residential zone. PLEASE HELP!!!

04-21-2009, 06:14 PM
I would check with the state on rules for amusement rides. nys has to be checked by not only local fire Marshall and building inspectors. but have to be checked by state labor board for safety of your employees . Im sure your insurance could give you some info also.

04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
will do, thanks

Allen H
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
You said you could not find codes, who did you talk to, call you counties fire inspector, you may start following the wrong codes if you do not ask the right people.
Allen H

Mr Nightmarez
04-22-2009, 05:53 AM
You may need to check several things - Can you charge? If you are in a residential zone there may be issues. Call the local Fire, Building and Electrical inspectors for code enforcement.

If it is in a residential area - you may want to speak to neighbors as that can effect you.

Good Luck