View Full Version : Flickering Light device info needed.

05-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I need a device that *flickers* (not flashes) a light, as though the current is faulty. I'm sure these are available...just don't know what they're called.

What's the general maximum wattage for something like this?

If they're not available pre-made, anyone have suggestions on how to build one?

I'm not looking for the flickering candle bulbs.


Phil Miller
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
try this, http://hauntmasterproducts.com/18.html

creep house
05-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Just ordered mine at digitalsl.com

these guys are great !! http://digitalsl.com/

05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
I have used a few different types, but one of the best that I have found is one from www.northcountryradio.com. It comes in 1, 3, or 6 channels and can handle 120VAC or low voltage DC. You can buy the 6-channel preassembled for $55. Check it out here:


05-15-2009, 10:21 PM
For quite a while I've successfully used fluorescent lamp starters wired in-line on the hot side of an outlet. They're SUPER cheap to make. A extension cord, box, outlet, faceplate and starter will run you less than $10. Use an FS-2 or FS-5 starter. I was using a FS-2 in our bedroom scene running (2) 7w bulbs. It gave a fantastic "short circuit" type effect. I ended up replacing it with SSR's @ 100 FPS for the simple fact that I could, not because the flicker didn't work well.