Sound Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Program?

I am trying to see which computer based programs that most haunters trust for their sound system. I am toying with the idea to do a PC style system to operate all the sound in the haunt or if it is cheaper to just buy a bunch of cd players or something in that nature. Let me know what you all use. And where I could get it.

Keyword: economically priced!

I am poor

Thanks you guys, you always help out a ton.

Ryan
    "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
    - Clarence Birdseye

Ryan,

Could you be more specific about your haunt size and layout?
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Sure

Sure I can

We are looking at a 5,000 s.f. haunt with about 4,000 s.f. of mazes with about 20 rooms within the haunt portion. I would love to have a different track playing for almost every room but I know that might get pricy so I would love to have maybe between 5 to 15 tracks capability. So that as the theme changes from haunt sections to haunt sections there will be matching music.....(Mainly from Virgil, HE HE HE). I hope that gives you the info that you need. My strengths in haunting does not fall in the sound area yet.

Thanks again.

Ryan
      "....Any youth who makes security his main goal, shackles himself at the very start of life's race."
      - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

Okay, now..
        what's your budget for sound?

Comment

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

That is a great question.... the budget is still being FUDGED!

I would say around 500 to 2,000

Cheaper the better in my view.

Am I crazy for thinking that I could do a computer style with that budget?

Ryan
          - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

Virgil,

The 4 main "themes" for my haunt this year are:

Pirate.
            Egyptian,
            Victorian house
            and government hospital (insain asylum)

which CD's do u recomend? I already have the hillbilly and klown one but dont think they would really work to well

thanks!

Sean
            Sean De Wane
            ----------------------------------------------
            The De Wane Asylum
            www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

You might consider cheap boomboxes with CD player capable of repeat mode. Another idea is to have individual audio repeaters in each room, but they will be more expensive : you'll need amplifier and speakers for each system

I am curious how you would plan to use a computer to control sound? That might help me think of other possible solutions as well...

Comment

"Canned" music and sound effects "tell" a customer they are in a haunted attraction, no such tracks or effects make them wonder and remove a little more comfort they might be feeling because in my place they are in a very scary to nervous place that is haunted.
                Sort of like the wonderfull music in a movie reminding you you are watching a movie, look at Blair Witch, no sound track of music and it sure seemed to effect alot of people waiting for the comfort/disclaimer of that music that never came.
                With a music track playing I can't hear the scared ones fart. If I fart, I just blame it on them, "Too scared Honey? There,there now."
                What is more scarier than being in a room with 15 strangers and .."someone's ......farting?".....
                Passing gas replicating the first three or four musical notes of a popular song is one sacry "theme" to follow us through the rest of a haunted house by. "Follow" it may!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You can get some CD players w/ nice Wattage for pretty cheap under $50 each or splurge for something more - Or even do portables w/ Amped Computer Speakers.

They do make a controller software that could possibly interact and utilize motion sensors and MP3 sound files. However, this would blow your $2k budget.

I guess my first question: Is this a seasonal haunt - meaning it will move again and again? If yes - Go w/ portable CD/MP3 Players and Amplified Speakers. If you will remain in the same building for years to come... look into doing more sophisticated. IMO.

Good Luck

Comment

Im not sure but...

The reason that I ask is that I have found the item "Monster Brain" by Animated lighting and I am just curious if any one has ever used this item and would this work in a medium sized haunt. It seems to be within budget for a full system but defineatly could have its limitations.

What do you all think?

Ryan

http://www.animatedlighting.com/prod...onoverview.asp
                    - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

The BooBox has is around $400, however it is a controller, mp3 player and amplifier.....that is what I am going to use. It can play ambient sound and a seperate sound if you want for the scare.
                      Greg Salyers
                      Fear Entertainment

Comment

that's cool

Do you feel that the boobox is best for all your rooms or do you feel that the boobox mini could work for a lot of your rooms?

If you have a room as small as 100-200 s.f. then wouldn't the mini work just fine, if you placed 4 speakers around the room?

500.00 bones is a lot to spend on each room just for sound for my budget,
                        200.00 is a bit easier on the wallet.

What do you think?

Do you any of you use this system?
                        - Clarence Birdseye

Comment

I'm glad you began this thread as I have been wondering the same thing. Music and sound is something I put HUGE emphasis on. But, have always used either boomboxes or stereos. This season, I want the same CD (Virgil's music!) to pretty much permiate most of the haunt. Do we purchase large speakers that you see DJs have, affix them to tall speaker holders and let it blast? Personally, I'd rather purchase a good stereo for several hundred dollars, get wall speakers and place them several places. I think that would be a better experience for our customers, plus we can control where the sound goes better that way.

Comment

Originally posted by MMManiac
                            Virgil,
                            The 4 main "themes" for my haunt this year are:
                            Pirate.
                            Egyptian,
                            Victorian house
                            and government hospital (insain asylum)
                            which CD's do u recomend? I already have the hillbilly and klown one but dont think they would really work to well
                            thanks!
                            Sean
                            Sean,
                            For the pirate scenes, "Fade To Black" is my take on it.
                            "Dark Hollow" is a good general use haunt CD so you might check that out.
                            Insain asylum? Well... Midnight Syndicate's "Gates of Delirium" is THE
                            asylum CD IMHO! :wink: It's my all-time favorite haunt CD.

Comment

That is a great question.... the budget is still being FUDGED!

I would say around 500 to 2,000

Cheaper the better in my view.

Am I crazy for thinking that I could do a computer style with that budget?

Ryan
                              Ryan,
                              E-mail me your contact information.
                              I'll get with you this weekend.
                              You have lots of options but I need to
                              get more of an idea of where you're heading
                              with your haunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X