Opinion on haunt name choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on haunt name choice.

After a lot of words I've decided on Evil Paradise. Thought it was easy enough to remember and made for an interesting oxymoron.

The word "Paradise" doesn't bring anything scary to mind. In fact, it makes me think of quite the opposite! I'm just imagining two zombies sprawled out on the beach sipping on drinks with the little umbrellas. :P

Just my 2 cents!
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

"Fools Paradise"

A very common phrase that kind of puts two sort of opposites next to another...
      Some haunt names don't leave much freedom to evolve, if that might be in the cards on down the road..
      Aiming for the teen audience? Maybe a gnarly, radical , even gruesomely descriptive couple of such words riding beside one another will trip their wallet digging finger-tips? (If that is what this is all about?)
      "Ravens Grin" is a perfect name for what kind of a show we do here. (Well, at least I think so!)
      I play the anticipation and stir up fear(s) then the punchline is attempted humor.
      We still manage to scare people here. They are some fairly unusual methods and set-ups, that can catch most people off guard a high percentage of the time.
      Then there is the totally fictious haunt name I had screened upon several T-shirts many years ago:
      "Doctor Eval Bloodfeast's House of the Ultimate Satanick Jr. Leeches" (Voted "Suckiest!")
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The antonym of paradise was hell, however that didn't seem to flow as well as evil.

Comment

Or Maybe?

Go totally nuts/creative and call it "Pair Of Vices" Have twin vices squeezing two heads.
          "We are feeling cranky tonight!"
          Or a vice squeezing a beer can and a pack of smokes.
          The other vice could do the underware. hahaha!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What is the theme of your haunt? Those two names just dont sound good together. You might try something like Evil Realm or Evil Domain. Evil Embodyment? You may not like those either but I think they sound more like a haunted houses name. Its your haunt call it whatever you want.
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            www.houseoffright.com
            Damon Carson

Comment

Sounds like a strip bar but I am from Vegas... Don't forget to check domain name availability .

Comment

Haunted Paradise or Evil in Paradise sound a little catchier to me and i hope still try to get across what your getting at. Sounds kind of like zombies on a tropical island as opposed to be industrial or urban, like everyone is used to.

Comment

Haunted Paradise is a great idea!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Haunted Paws~

As Damon has suggested .... think of your theme you are doing through your haunt ... ALSO think of you "haunt placement" to think of your name .. Just remeber .. once you establish a name ... you are in a way "stuck" with it..

Meaning .. for instance .. we call our Haunt here in Lockport "Night Terrors" yes we have had a following of people that have visitied us through the yeas .. and yes granted we are ONLY RUNNING on Halloween.. but .. people know us .. as son as I mention the name to people they know what im talking about ..

Currently we are outside .. in my back yard (big back yard for city living) and we don't charge admission ( city ordianance says we cant unless we get a variance,even if we do a total non-profit to a charity) ... but we plan on EVENTUALLY getting an indoor place .. and we WILL keep the name ..

Since we have the "following" of people .. and as long as we keep the name .. the business will follow .. even if you changer and go POSSIBLY MULTI haunt ... you can still keep the MAIN NAME to keep it familar to people but name the other hauntes within a different name ..

For instance .. FrightWorld in Buffalo they have/had 4 or 5 separate hauntes in there and they are all named something different ... Haunted Catacombs they have/had multiple haunts as well but used difrent names for thier individual haunts .. Scare at the Fair .. also have/had multiple haunts ...

It's all a matter of getting your name out there .. and keep that name .. and then on your website or advertising material include .. if you go multiple haunts .. say that " Haunt name Featuring .. such and such haunts " ...

Just my suggestions...
                    LoneWolf

Comment

I was trying to find some words that weren't over used already. Haunt and fright are pretty much beaten to death. The Darkness is hardly a scary name but then you look into it's reputation can the fear ensues.

Comment

How about Nefarious ? I am surprised I haven't seen that or you can call it Nefarious Utopia which is pretty much what your idea with just non trite words. If industrial you can go with Utopia13... pretty much the same too just using different words and a symbolic number. All play off your original concept.... even House of Nefarious.

Origin:
                        1595–1605; < Latin nefārius wicked, vile, equivalent to nefās offense against divine or moral law ( ne- negative prefix + fās law, right) + -ius -ious, with intervocalic s > r

Comment

&quot;Spooky Stains!&quot;

The Underware Poisoner!
                          Dreams of the Rabid Weasel !
                          Fear Multiplier!
                          My Parents Were Both Clown-Zombies!
                          Taking No Physical Prisoners (just mental)
                          Infected Midnight
                          Moon lit Shovels
                          Banjo music In the Dark!
                          Plan Ten From Inner space!
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I actually like evil paradise. The fact that as soon as you hear it images pop in yuour head (The pina coloda zombies) means its effectve. Your already in their head so the name has a hook. You just need to be as big as your hook and live up to the name.
                            It aslo has a great advantage of being early in the alphabet. So in free listings of October events it will be one of the first ones listed. If your going to pick
                            "Evil paradise" then own it, involve it in your theme and let your guests know why its named that.
                            Allen H
                            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Here You Go, Allan.

Go alphabetical for early listings? Sure. How about "Assured Apoplexie" (Apoplexie defined as brain function stoppage from a stroke or other things...like scared to death?)
                              I contemplated calling The Ravens Grin Inn "The Halloween Inn" except I knew I was going to be open every night of the year and most people would hear "Halloween" and think I was only open October 31st!
                              If a person opening a haunt has a different kind of show or an unusual location, maybe one with some odd history to it, then try to incorporate some of those things into the name, although incorporating the haunt's address works too, especially if you have a secure location.
                              My place had been a tavern, a bordello, an Oldsmobile dealership, a school house, apartment house.
                              "So if all of those things were here today, you could come here to get your diploma, be driving home drunk in your new car, with your floozey girlfriend next to you that you barely know, and life doesn't any better than this for some people!"
                              (Very hard to put All of that into a name)
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X