Michigan haunt for sale after season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan haunt for sale after season

Due to some serious health problems I may be forced to sell the haunt after this season.

This would be a great opportunity to get into the business or to own a second haunt.

Everything you need to operate comes with it. Walls, lighting, fire system, all electrical equipment, props, sound, fire extinguishers, fire exit signs, emergency backup lights and a ticket trailer. We are an old school haunted house. There are not dozens of animatronics here. You are mostly purchasing a 5,000 sq ft. working haunted attraction with 15 plus rooms. The only thing that does not come with it is the name of the attraction. I would like to hang on to this in case I am ever able to open again in the future.

The best part is I have talked to the landlord of the building and he is willing to negotiate a new lease with the new owner. You could have your own year round location for less than many other haunts pay to rent a building for a couple of months. That means you would also have a locked in permanent location with a five year established customer base. This haunt averages between 9000 and 10,000 customers per season.

You could actually go in and just change a few scenes and your ready to open with very little work the first year.

We have an excellent relationship with our city officials and have never had a problem passing our inspections. You would simply need to pull a new temporary business license and be re inspected in order to open in 2008.

I would be selling the haunt at very reasonable price. You would easily double to triple your money in the first season open.

I do not have a list of items at this point since the decision was just made to sell the haunt. I could arrange for any qualified, interested parties to come and view the haunt in operation before the season is over.

Please contact me by email for more information. Only serious inquiries please. Slobberinc@aol.com

Thanks,
    Howie
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Howie,

Sorry to hear about your health problems. We'll be thinking about you.

I sent you an email btw.

Barry

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Howie.

Although i've never been to Deadly Intentions, i always hear great things.

Hope everything works out for the best.

Comment

Thanks you guys! I am not dying or anything! I will be ok, just not sure that I am going to be up to building and running the haunt next year in the manner it deserves.

Thanks again,

Slobber
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. I have decided not to sell the haunted house. I hope to have all my health problems resolved in plenty of time to give the haunt my full attention. We have some great people helping and with them by my side we will find a way to open a great new show in 2008.

Slobber

Comment

I am happy for you Slobber. Stay in the business for as long as possible. I know it takes a lot of work each year, but just think how much FUN you have when it's all said in done!

Brian

Comment

Thanks Brian,

I have been in the business for 21 years so I know what you are talking about. Thankfully I had a couple of my people step up and tell me that they would pitch in even more than they already do to make sure we open with a great show in 2008. So I see no reson to give up on my baby.

Thanks again,

Slobber

Comment

Slobber,

That goes to show you how much your staff cares about you and your haunt. They all love what they do and they don't want to stop! This is something that is is "priceless", and I hope one day I can say the same for myself. If you have a partner that can handle your work load, I believe that you are intitiled to a year off, if that is a possibility?

Your business is something special, and what you shared with me when I asked about buying your haunt, it showed. I don't mean to sound so sappy, but it's true.

Good luck next year, just don't over work yourself and you will be fine.

Brian

Comment

Awesome news! I was pulling for you, I would hate to see any Michigan haunts have to close down . Congrats!
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Yeah I'm glad to see your not shutting down. Every year I always look forward in seeing what you got going on.
                    ~Bill Mlinac
                    The Deadland Haunted House
                    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X