starting a website when your not open yet and have no content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting a website when your not open yet and have no content

well Allen H suggested this to ol' Geoff from Alabama. It just so happens I had been pondering the same thing so here it goes looking for advise on starting a website when your not open yet and have no content. Hope this helps you to Geoff on the trail of terror.

You actually have options, alot can be done with text, music and some pics that dont seem "haunted" untill you put them in photo shop.
    Another thing to focus on is characters. Get a story for your show, get a few characters and costumes together and have a photo shoot. It could be in a patch of woods, under a bridge, near an industrial setting. Make the pics focus on the characters as opposed to the haunt.
    You can also take pictures of victims- alot of mileage can be gotten of an image of a woman lying on the ground (in foreground) and the legs of a killer seen standing behind her.
    Take a pic of one of your characters, but take it from inside a normal house with maybe a family watching tv inside, thats a super creepy image and you dont need your haunt to be built yet.
    Of course you can buy art from Brainstorm also, and several web site companies have themes that work great.
    Im sure others will chime in too!
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

good call Allen

I don't believe I've really seen this subject on here before.

Comment

I Too am doing the same thing. Now I have years of pics from haunts I have run and worked at Of my self and others. I was thinging of using some of these pics for the site but I will not pass up a chance to get all bloody and do some Newly found airbrushing.
        BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
        www.horrorfields.com

Comment

alright now

surely someone out there can reflect and give more advise on this

Comment

I agree with what Allen said.

It's hard to fill a site with content if you don't have it, so do your best to build up what you can now. Take some time to write up a back story to your haunt to help gain some interest. You could also get some actors dressed up to take some pictures of them under different lighting to use as promo shots.
            Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Yeah I think the key is to focus on shots that arent terribly scene/set specific. Here are a few examples.
              Just a shot of a doorway with a woman being dragged through it
              a bloody sink
              a bloody hand holding a knife
              a dark image with a sillouette in the window (backlit figure)
              A shovel sticking in the ground, maybe enough back ground to imply a deep hole in a rose garden (body sized)
              An eye open wide with terror (the face around it could be dirty)
              Definitely get a story togther and make images that compliment the story. Photoshop is your friend, play with filters and maybe adding sepia tones or desaturating images.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I just talked to my camra man sunday we are going to shoot some stuff in the woods this week and we will have to wait for the corn to grow to shoot that stuff.
                BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
                www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Working...
                X