Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home-Haunter going Pro, intro to the forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-Haunter going Pro, intro to the forum!

Hey guys,

After 7 years of home-haunting through my high school and college years the idea of owning, operating, and creating a professional haunt has been on the back burner for quite some time.

I am 24 years old, born and raised in Buffalo, NY and have always been an "artistic," but also with a strong business sense and entrepreneurial spirit. In May 2009 I graduated with my BA in Marketing, even though I began school going for both graphic & creature/industrial design. Originally, I thought I wanted to work with an advertising agency in the creative department, but after a couple internships (and job searching for well over a year) I decided that wasn't going to be my path. So I recently moved to Phoenix, AZ this past October to continue my mobile auto detailing business I started in Buffalo last summer as I am a huge automobile enthusiast, which I was planning on continuing as well as getting my dealers license out here in Phoenix. 6 months of winter is not an "automobile friendly" environment and I can't stand the cold! :shock:

But after my dad and I attended the Trans World event for the first time ever last weekend in St. Louis I then and there had never been more sure of anything in my entire life. It was an awesome experience to be surrounded by so many passionate individuals involved with the haunt industry. I'm sure many of you were there and I may have walked right by you!

Needless to say I have been researching, drawing up plans, and finalizing all costs for well over a year now. Everything is 100% in place down to the T. My dad is still back in Buffalo and we are scouting out potential spots for our first season and I will be temporarily moving back home for the back end of summer to early November. My ultimate goal is to have a successful haunt in my hometown and continue my automobile passion here in AZ the rest of the year.

Glad I finally became part of this forums and there appears to be a wealth of knowledge, experience, and great folks on here. Hope to definitely become more actively involved.

Western New York better prepare for the most frightening, creative, and unexpected haunted attraction this October 2011 season.
    District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
    http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

That is awesome, you are living the dreams of a lot of home haunters. best of luck!!! keep us posted , I live in Rochester so when you get a location i would love to come and see your creation. You have some stiff competition in Buffalo. I'm just another home haunter with that dream. So please keep us updated on your progress.

Joe
    In Darkness they hunt the living
    http://www.DarkMatterScreamWorks.com

Comment

Congratulations Horde! It sounds like you are planning ahead and putting forth the effort to manifest your haunt dreams! Definitely hear the passion and enthusiasm in your post! Like Joe said, keep us posted on your progress. It's always exciting for me to see another haunter materialize their haunted attraction! Congratulations on the start of a challenging, but extremely rewarding journey!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes, Buffalo is definitely on the map for some outstanding and well established haunted attractions.

And this is beyond awesome that Kelly Allen just replied to my post. I bought your book 6 months ago and I've probably read it 5x! I have the updated version and you did an absolutely wonderful and detailed job on writing that. For now this may be as close as possible to personally thank you for lighting the fire under a dream I've wanted to start many years ago. Hope Raycliff Manor is still rockin' and rollin' these days!
        District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
        http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

Best of luck, and congradulations! Welcome to the forum.
          Damon
          Frightmasters
          houseoffright.com
          Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by HordeOfUndead View Post
            Thanks guys! Yes, Buffalo is definitely on the map for some outstanding and well established haunted attractions.

And this is beyond awesome that Kelly Allen just replied to my post. I bought your book 6 months ago and I've probably read it 5x! I have the updated version and you did an absolutely wonderful and detailed job on writing that. For now this may be as close as possible to personally thank you for lighting the fire under a dream I've wanted to start many years ago. Hope Raycliff Manor is still rockin' and rollin' these days!
            Welcome to the boards!

I'm also in the same boat as you! I've been haunting/home haunting for a few years now and am also looking to turn pro. I too am in AZ and still trying to find that perfect location.

Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
            X