Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MANIC TERROR TRAX!!

Debuting at HauntCon 2007 is the first in a new series of CDs specifically
    designed for haunted attractions; "Manic Terror Trax".

"Manic Terror Trax", composed, edited and designed by noted haunt composer Virgil Franklin, offers a simple and effective way to use sound to enhance your haunted attraction.

"Manic Terror Trax" CDs are comprised of 21 'loopable' 3 minute 'soundscapes' that are laid out in a split-track configuration making this one of the most flexible and cost-effective ways to add sound to your haunt!

What is a "split-track" configuration? Simply this: each CD track has two different soundscapes, playing at the same time, one playing from your left speaker and the other from your right speaker. This makes it possible to use one CD player for two differently themed rooms by placing the left speaker in one room and the right speaker in the other; simple.

With "Manic Terror Trax" it's like getting soundscapes for 42 rooms all for the cost of one CD!!

Visit the "Evilusions" or "Rotting Flesh Radio" booths at HauntCon 2007 for all the details and to get your own copy of "Manic Terror Trax"!!
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

What is a "split-track" configuration? Simply this: each CD track has two different soundscapes, playing at the same time, one playing from your left speaker and the other from your right speaker. This makes it possible to use one CD player for two differently themed rooms by placing the left speaker in one room and the right speaker in the other; simple.
    Freakin GENIUS!

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks for the vote of confidence Kel but the real genius
      is the person that suggested it to me!:wink:

It seems to be a "Captain Obvious" moment as is
      offers an alternative to expensive multitrack loop
      players used by some attractions.

Comment

AWESOME! I can't wait to purchace my copy.

You've seem to outdo yourself again virgil....

Sean
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Virgil,

How dare you steal my idea...

Just kidding, not really, maybe a little.... LOL! Awesome news man, I can't wait to hear this CD!

AWESOME! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks Tyler!! LOL

Nah, there is nothing truly new under the sun,
            just new approaches!

It was actually "mentioned" to me several times
            by different folks over the last few years and
            I'd played with the idea but never got around to it
            until just recently.

The last person was a buyer at TransWorld that asked
            "do you have...?"

My answer, "No, but I WILL HAVE!!"

Comment

Ok, am feeling like a one trick pony here. Virgil, you keep outdoing yourself and re-inventing every other second. Kudos, man.
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Ok, am feeling like a one trick pony here. Virgil
                TONY!! STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!

If you're a "one trick pony" it's a helluva trick brother!

It takes alot of time and care to craft sounds from an
                Ensoniq ESQ synth. I use to fly those bad boys
                myself using both the ESQ1 and ESQ 1m. They are a
                bear to program!!

Dark Matter still rates as one of my favorite CDs of all time.

Comment

I hear Virgil is also working on a "Haunt Aerobics" CD. Scary Soundscapes on one channel and workout instructor on the other. Good for the the haunt AND the heart!

Comment

Gotta say Virg....once again, you have done it. Keep up the good work man. You keep on topping yourself and only see good things for you in the future.

May God bless you and look over you and keep you moving in the right direction my good friend.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Dark Matter wasn't done on the ESQ-1. It was my best friend's Korg N5-EX. It was also done live with no overdubs.

Glad you love it, man. I got my soul into it. Scary thing is imagining how it was recorded, the sight is too horrible to behold. Not a huge studio, but me on my bed in a mobile home in a SWIMSUIT with the keyboard and hard drive recorder there playing it all out.

I feel like a one trick pony for releasing only ONE CD compared to yours. But then, the movie soundtrack is taking up my musical skills. Will release again after the soundtrack is done. Your Night Sins, you got my email, me still likes, was listening here and there at work.

The Horrorween music I showed you used some multitracks and midis for proof of concept. Some are live such as the kalmbach in the wind cue which uses 2 ESQ tracks (Moog track and kalimba track), wind track is through an Akai 612 sampler and the low rumblings are an Alesis Nano-Piano which I also used for The Lowest Circle. One directive is going off in every musical direction. That helps in good stead.

I still love flying the ESQ-1s. One thing I did to help out on them was redraw the schematic on Rainer Butchy's website (the definitive ESQ-1 source).

http://www.nightmarepark.com/public/...the%20Side.jpg
                      the Alesis and the sampler unit are in the homemade rack on the floor.

Comment

I am using instrument libraries from multiple vendors and some actual instrument recordings (violin, piano, woodwind, etc.)... But that's not the end of it!

I'll be releasing info on the next CD from TerrorMedia... that will be recorded with a live orchestra! No synths... No midis/loops... all REAL recordings! I'm putting everything I have into this, lets only help it works!

As for keyboards... I have a Roland Fantom X7 and a GW7, all into a Power Mac G5 with about one terrabyte of hard drive and 4Gbs of RAM!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tony,
                          Sorry, my bad... I could have sworn that was an ESQ-1!!
                          Nonetheless don't sell yourself short. Remember that
                          all I do is music!! I have the time to do what I do
                          because of my career.

Tyler,
                          As someone who has conducted and written for bands and
                          orchestras most his life I can tell you that, in my honest
                          opinion, NOTHING will ever replace an orchestra.

BUT, as Dr. Robert Moog once said, there is no such thing
                          as a fake instrument playing fake music. Because, in the
                          end, it's the music and not the instrument.

"All this technology making modern music can still be
                          open hearted".- Geddy Lee, Spirit of the Radio

It is the music, not the tools we use to realize it,
                          that touches the listener.

The tools are just a means to an end.
                          I write what is in my heart and in my
                          head. How music gets from my heart
                          to the heart of the listener does not
                          matter one iota, just as long as it
                          gets there.

Comment

Amen there, brother. And you got some serious HEART going into your music!
                            I took Gwen's advice, simply take quiet time and listen. Guardians of the Night did one something fierce for me.

Two songs I showed you are testaments of my life. One was for a friend I thought I lost forever, the gothic one "song for a gentle flying soul by the bonfire". And when the loss was found NOt to be, the song "shout of joy" wrote itself.

speaking of which, both will be played live of course. Shout of joy is pretty genreless, the only way to describe, a triumphant military trumpet fanfare going into tribal drums and then going mainstream with a Van Halen style wild guitar madness. Don't think you can really pin an easy genre to that one

Remind me on my next paycheck to catch up and fill in the missing CDs from your library of ever growing music.

Also, hope you will be at Vegas Transworld when it gets out here. I owe you a beer in general.

Tony

Comment

Pre-orders are being taken online at the Evilusions store http://www.evilusions.com/shop/ and the Rotting Flesh store http://www.rottingfleshradio.net/store/ as well.

Both Evilusions and RFR will have copies onhand at HauntCon.

See you all at HuantCon!!

Comment

Working...
                              X