Lush cob webs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lush cob webs

That's the best way I can describe what I'm after. I need some more inspiration in the heavy webbing department.

Pro webber glue stick gun: check

Beef netting: check

Dollar store cheapy web: check- thick and lush-like, but i tend to avoid it for flammability concerns.

Web in a spray can: check- not really impressed.

Contact cement webber: not tried yet.

Silicone web: not tried yet.

The ultimate spider nest: not so check.

I long for the ultimate giant spider nest... and I have been experimenting with all manner and combinations of materials to make said nest- without satisfaction. I think it's not so much finding a new material to work with, but perfecting the technique using what I already have.

For instance I just saw a great pic of beef net web done in a fashion I had not seen before- great looking at 20+ feet, but I need great looking at 2-10 feet, and durable as well.

Anyone have inspirational pics of webbing that is thick, lush and realistic on a room size scale?
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Come on now... nobody has a great web pic to share?! I know you're out there...

Here's probably the best I could manage using mono filament support, stretchy web, covered with a ton of glue stick webber...Haunt misc 827 006.jpg

You can't see the frame under it- that's pretty lush, but I think it still lacks realism. It was also on the second floor... so getting to it wasn't exactly easy either.

This next pic is the one that is pissing me off. The camera flash is making things a lot more transparent than they appear under set light- which is almost zero, so it will pass this year. But next year it has to go, it has to be better.
    Haunt misc 827 003.jpg

Basically there is a little of everything in there... Beef net for a base to cover the frame work, mono filament to support the glue web, a small amount of stretchy web to fill trouble spots, tons of glue stick webs, a little spray can web, a bunch more glue stick... and then douse the whole thing in retardant... Looks like ass to me!

I have a killer spider set idea for next year, but it must have great webbing. I need a web guru!
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

hmm... this is cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=0oSx2zms1IE#!

http://www.forevergeek.com/2010/06/h...ed_spider_web/
      Last edited by zombietoxin; 09-11-2012, 09:58 PM.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I have been doing a ton of work with packing tape lately. The tunnels you posted I plan on making in two years for my bug year, I actually contacted the installers and they talked me through the process.
        Have you tried saran wrap webbing?
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Well, sort of- I've done some spider victims that start the process with saran wrap and end with stretchy web, but not set webbing. I am curious.... You have at YT video for it?

Thanks

-Rob

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

Working...
          X