Flash Intro Needed -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Intro Needed -

Just wondering if anyone knows a good place to get a flash intro for a website done - That's all we are looking for is a nice intro page for our website, we already have the site, hosting, etc. - Just want to spice up the start page for it all.

Thanks!!

I was looking into adobe Edge Animate instead.... so ipad users can see it. Wonder if anyone is using it in this community yet?

Comment

Flash Animation

I used to make Flash movies and was upset about the Ipad not allowing flash movies, games, or applications. These days, you can view Flash but you either need to jailbreak, or do some extra questionable steps to get it to work. The ipad I have used shows it just fine, but still might not work for everyone, not worth the effort.

If your still interested in doing flash, maybe you would like to have the animation made in After Effects first. This would give you almost limitless special movie effects and then can be saved as a Flash file. Your animator should know how to add the fast load (I forget the actual name) that now comes standard with the program.

Google custom made After Effects animation.
      If that won't work:
      Google custom made Flash animation.
      RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
      http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

Comment

Thanks -

I will look into those programs but was more looking for someone else that makes them - I have so many projects going on that I never get around to doing what needs to be done on the website - so learning yet another program might not happen quick enough

Comment

Just my 2 cents, but I thought flash intros were on their way out??? Seems old fashioned to me.

If you're going to invest in making any intro I would simply make a video and upload it directly to YouTube. That way you know your customers will be able to view it regardless if they are on their desktop or phone.
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Good idea -

We have actually tossed around the idea of doing a video "commercial" this year...so that actually may be a cheaper way to go, then just design a nice creepy graphic to go around the video window.

Comment

I feel like that would be money well spent. With so many people on their iPhones these days, it seems silly to invest in something that a many people won't even be aware of. Again, just my 2 cents.

Let us know what you decide to do!
              Zach Wiechmann
              www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Flash is done. Too much work for little results. Invest in a good mobile site and a clean layout with a tiny flash or HTML navigation bar. Too busy of a design will lose your customers.

Http://www.hundredacresmanor.com is one my my favorite at this point. SO clean and concise!

Comment

Of course, this is all only my opinion. I'm always wrong anyways

Comment

Actually I really like the site you posted - haven't really seen too many sites set up like that....and your right the clean layout looks just as impressive

Comment

As a web developer, let me throw my two cents in here to hopefully help everyone thinking about their website and potential users.

STAY AWAY FROM FLASH!

Now that doesn't mean that you can't have a great site. You just need to find a great developer using the new standards and tech. Flash is an outdated, memory taking plugin that even Adobe (The maker of Flash) is moving away from to embrace new standards like HTML 5. You need to find a developer that uses HTML 5 and stuff like JQuery to deliver a great looking website that is cross platform. Meaning that the same website will work and display correctly no matter if your looking at it on a PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Android, or any device that has a web browser.
                      You can still deliver video and other multimedia elements, just without the lead weight around your neck that's flash.

Why would you spend $2,000+ on a website that only a small percentage of your target customers can access?? Mobile is becoming the new, if not already, standard. Develop your websites that can be served on all these devices. Don't just go for the bells and whistles because it looks cool, but develop a great looking website that can actually be accessed by people on the device they choose. It reminds me of all the news articles I saw the last couple of years about restaurant websites that only are only built in Flash, so the thousands of users trying to access their website to look at their menus on iPhones and other mobile devices were not able to. You lose of on a lot of potential users. And with Mobile becoming the new standard, it's not something to ignore.

Have your website created using the new standards. If your web guy can't or doesn't know them, it's time get a new web guy that is keeping up with and looking towards new standards. It's no different than if you were to hire a contractor that doesn't know the new building codes. You wouldn't do it for your house or haunt, don't do it for your website. It's the first thing your customers will see and use, so don't give them a crap experience right off the bat.
                      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thanks -

Thanks everyone - you have all made great points, I really appreciate the feedback on this - between Adobe Edge that I just looked at, and the video idea I think I know what direction we are headed in.

Comment

Check out Adobe Muse too for website design... It's drag and drop graphics. Looks like an hr learning curve if that. Haven't been able to play with it yet. It's fairly new and after your 30 day trial if u like it u can get adobe iCloud which has everything including after affects for pennies on the dollar. It's a monthly subscription fee.
                          If you have the pics, a little edge animation which is replacing flash on the adobe platform, maybe a video clip/player you can blow it out very fast.. You won't need a web designer to make your updates or changes.. It's getting pretty simple.
                          Last edited by tonguesandwich; 04-24-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

The Hundred Acres Manor website was done by Tyler Kozar. As well as websites he does amazing work with branding as well as video.

I can put you two in contact if you're interested.
                            Zach Wiechmann
                            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Adobe Muse -

Thanks for the suggestions on Adobe Muse - This program is pretty cool , and fairly easy to learn. I have been working with it about 6 hours total and have only had a few issues with it - We decided to go with the nice clean look that was given to us as an example, here's what we have so far:

Comment

Working...
                              X