Truck/Car Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck/Car Lights

So I was wondering. How do you set up a Truck Headlights with a Very loud Horn to go off in your haunt? I want to incorporate this in my haunt when I build it. Was wondering how it works and can be set up?

Thanks
    Dennis Moyer

I would start with a 12volt 30amp relay,from a car or autoparts store.
    to power up the lights and horn. use somekind of switch to trigger
    the relay.
    Ghoul Town

Comment

we had a real truck inside the haunt and then just used the lights and horn that was hooked up to the truck battery. Obvisouly dont start the truck... The fire department also made us drain out the gas in the truck so after wards it didnt start again.. oops!

Sean
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Would that 12 volt battery and relay work to make the saucer shaped ufo I found parked behind my house in the sink hole?
        I'd just turn over it's retrograde turbines, not enough to distend time or anything, just enough to scare people, make them look at it .
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Not exactly sure on the actual construction, I'm more of an electrical guy. As for wiring, there are many ways to do it. If you didn't want to deal with a battery, you could get one of those extension cords on a reell, so when it was heeled back, the extension cord would wind up. You'd have to mount an old computer power supply or large transformer on the assembly to power the lights/horns.For wiring the lights, have a separate switch for them, and a momentary switch for the airhorn. I would suggest getting an electric air horn (is there such a thing?) because you aren't dealing with compressors. Wolo makes one that has an airhorn and 3 siren tones (don't impersonate a cop now) for a little over $20. It also a includes it's on switch box.
          http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...5071_200315071

As far as relays, you don't really need them I don't think. Just wire both + on the headlights together using a wire nut, and make a pigtail to go to the switch.

If you need any more assistance, PM me.
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Working...
          X