Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to keep foam tombstones into ground windproof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to keep foam tombstones into ground windproof?

Last year we staked down tombstones with metal rods to prevent the wind form ruining them I am just curious what are other options. Thanks

In the past, I've built mine with two pieces of PVC in the middle near the bottom. Just hollow out a notch and glue the two pieces of styrofoam together around the PVC. Then drive rebar into the ground whereever you want your tombstones and slide the PVC over the rebar. Easy peasy and no damage to the tombstone. You could retrofit a tombstone the same way, jus glue the PVC to the backside of a tombstone.
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedkimmy View Post
      In the past, I've built mine with two pieces of PVC in the middle near the bottom. Just hollow out a notch and glue the two pieces of styrofoam together around the PVC. Then drive rebar into the ground whereever you want your tombstones and slide the PVC over the rebar. Easy peasy and no damage to the tombstone. You could retrofit a tombstone the same way, jus glue the PVC to the backside of a tombstone.
      This is the same thing we've done with our tombstones, and we've had no problems with them in spite of high winds at our outdoor location.
      sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Yep, PVC is the way to go. Put two pieces in each stone the same distance apart. That way you can make a jig to help space the rebar. Now you can play musical tombstones until you have them placed like you want.

Sent from my Optimus T using Tapatalk.

Comment

I just spray foam a brick to the back. Coverup the back with some dirt and moss ect. And they dont move!
          Damon
          Frightmasters
          Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
            I just spray foam a brick to the back. Coverup the back with some dirt and moss ect. And they dont move!
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            By spray foam...you mean Great Stuff? Correct?
            Dr. Saw @ Terrorplex

Comment

Working...
            X