Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question that has to deal with fire codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question that has to deal with fire codes?

Ok, I was thinking about doing some parts of my haunt with tight, enclosed spaces that people may have to try to squeeze through, to try to maybe get that claustrophobic scare effect going. I was wondering how you can pull this off and still comply with fire codes?

Everybody's situation is different. Talk to your fire marshal and ask. You're not going to get a solid answer here...
    Zach Wiechmann
    www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Yep! You need to ask.

I have seen 2ft hallways ....which I like....Makes it scarier.

BUT - I was always restricted to 4ft hallways with 5ft. turns, so ememgency personel can move thier equipment around.
      It was also required for wheel chair access.

John

Comment

If you really want the effect and have the room, simply provide a by pass. You can have the tight hallway with a secret large hall running parrallel .
        This give emergency access or bypass for those that can not pass through.

With the Claustrophobia effect, I originally designed the effect and since it is air bags that must be constantly aired to maintain them, as soon as power is removed the bags deflate. So you could put in a hidden two way cut off switch, make sure the bags do not touch the ground. You just shut off the blowers, walls deflate, you walk through, flip the switch on the other side and the walls re-inflate. Best to do if you can not build a by-pass.

Rich
        R&J Productions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah, I figured I would have to talk to the local fire chief about it, but seeing as how we dont have a set location in stone yet...I figured I would ask on here ahead of time to see what most of you had to deal with, or if you were allowed to do something along those lines.

Comment

I recently was told..

That the bags for the claustraphobic effect were inflated so quickly when a customer passed through that the bags pinned his arms so he couldn't move.(and he is a skinny guy) He said if he had been reaching somewhat behind him when they inflated that the bags may have broken his arm!
            Maybe those bags were being inflated via compressed air rather than mere fans?
            What is the standard method?
            No, I don't believe everything someone tells me.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X