Using GoPro cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using GoPro cameras

Hey guys, have any of you used a GoPro camera for filming your show, or an actor or guest perspective? It seems a lot could be explored with those cameras and I'm curious if any one has used to them and to what effect.

thanks,
    Allan

Hey Allan,
    I actually have one if you would like to try it out.

Best,
    Bill Rod.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Very generous of you Bill. How do you like it?

Allan

Comment

The GoPro takes great wide-angle video. In my opinion it is very durable and because of its size can easily be hidden to capture scares.

With a 32 GB SD card you can expect about 8 hours at 720p. The only downside is they are not great in low light situations. So it really depends how you will foresee using it.

I have mostly used it outdoors to capture the Spookywoods zipline and myself snowboarding. If you can put it in a scene with a lot of light you will get much better results.
        Bill Rod.
        Dark Tech Effects
        Automated DMX Lighting
        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Works for me!

Check out theplague2012 on you tube - this video was taken using the GoPro. I am adding another camera this year. Worked out great for us, even in relatively low light conditions. The only draw back was battery life, but you can get an AC adapter for it (something I plan on using this year). They also have a cool remote for turning the camera on and off, and lots of mounting options!
          Travis "Big T" Russell
          President
          Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

I actually just started this year, I typically wear the chest harness and it works surprisingly well. I've even gone as far as having an external power source and multi UV LED light to help see in the dark as GoPro has no UV filter which is great. This last season I started putting together "Best of" compilations from the weekends scares I would get which have captured a lot of screams. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/user/circleof...ow=grid&view=0
            Matthew Rairden
            Circle of Ash Haunted Attraction
            Project Manager
            Find us on Facebook
            www.circleofash.com

Comment

I would love to find an MTV fear style mount for the go pro.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Working...
              X