Monster M.A.S.H.E.R.S Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster M.A.S.H.E.R.S Truck

This is a YouTube we produced for the release of our new promotions vehicle. Monster MASHERS: Monsters And Severely Haunted Extraction & Relocation Squad. An "expanded" version of zombie assault vehicles. We chose 'monsters' instead of zombies for yrs of longevity. And 'extraction & relocation' since we do not promote violence within our attraction.
    It's been a huge hit on the streets!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YjrG...ature=youtu.be

First off, COOL video!!

Second, how do you do a haunt that doesn't promote violence?? That's not a slam... I'm truly curious. Zombies chew flesh, vampires bite necks, werewolves bite and claw, the grim reaper slices with a sickle, pirates use swords and guns, the devil uses a pitchfork, psycho killers use weapons, dragons breathe fire, snakes bite, cannibals eat flesh, a crazy butcher uses a cleaver, asylum inmates attack, Cerberus bites... What are you using to scare patrons if all those violent entities are off the table? This is intriguing.
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Hi Dark!
      Thanks for the compliment on the video.
      Secondly, that's a legit question indeed. Perhaps I was a bit vague in saying we don't promote violence. Naturally, a haunted house generally refers to [death] in one way or another; and in some eyes, death could be construed as violence I suppose. What we attempt to do is not make references to "how" the death took place as in the definition of the word violence: Behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
      In other words, we have dead bodies, we have skeletons, we have chainsaws etc etc. What we do not do, is show the [acts of violence] taking place. No dismemberment, no gore, and as little as 16 oz of blood in 20,000 sq ft. I prefer to leave so much more into the hands, or should I say heads of my patrons. One's own mind is far more dangerous and scary than anything I can produce. Not saying it's the right way or wrong way. But after 11 years and over 400,000 patrons, it works for me.
      Thanks for the feedback; hope this helps with a better understanding.

Comment

Working...
      X