Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Hospital Ideas?

Hey Everyone,

I've been working at a non-profit organization for the past few years now, every year we hold a Halloween party and haunted house for the kids and youth. Last years house had a butcher shop theme and everyone loved it. This year we figured we'd do a hospital theme and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to share. I thought of an operating room, morgue, even a zombie baby nursery, but I'm having trouble finding where I could find props and such at lower (non-profit) prices. Any home-made ideas would be great.

Thanks!

I have met a large number of real nurses who have had supernatural experiences in real hospitals when people pass on, maybe if you can't find enough props just a room to tell stories in , stories of a supernatural nature would entertain everyone?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hmmm. You could set out a few rows of chairs and an old TV and have a waiting area for the emergency room (most hospitals have an extremely scary waiting time. LOL) Have patients scattered about with different injuries.

There's always the mad doctor...easy and cheap to do.

You could do a cafeteria with freaky/gross food.

I'm guessing that since this is for kids, it shouldn't be too scary, right?
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Those are perfect ideas. We haven't done story-telling in a few years since our volunteer who told them left. I think it might be nice to have them back, I'll ask my friend who's a nursing student, maybe she knows something.

I'll definately do the waiting room, maybe some screams of anguish in the background to enhance the fear. One of the rooms will be an E.R. as well.
        Don't worry, it's not too scary, though sometimes just a little is even too much for some kids.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Comment

Have you checked with the local Hospitals? - I buy props direct from a couple...
          Heart Monitors, Blood Pressure Machines, Operating Table, etc. etc.

Normally they toss stuff out, but I made a deal to DISPOSE of the equipment and I get it for F R E E. . .

I'm a dumpster diving Dan for a good prop!

So try to contact your local Hospital! Best props are REAL!

Comment

Working...
          X