TicketLeap WTH?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TicketLeap WTH?!

Did TicketLeap crash for anyone else last night??

We got a LOT of calls from people frustrated that they couldn't buy tickets and our scanners were malfunctioning as well. And ofcourse we couldn't get anyone on the phone on a Saturday night, but their site malfunction cost us a LOT of money and I'm hoping I'm not the only one......did this happen to anyone else?? We checked an double checked all info and everything and we can't find something that was wrong on our end, does anyone know how to contact them on a Sunday?? Today's sales are equally messed up.

I have faith in Lee and know TicketLeap is one of the best, but we were beyond failed by them last night and what looks like tonight, any help on contacting them now would be deeply appreciated.

TicketLeap crashed for us too. We called them.
    Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
    sean@pixelpushersinc.com
    312.613.7326 Mobile
    847.550.6560 X 102 Office
    844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

They crashed across the broad, it was there severs. They were back up about 8:45pm Sucked but at least they got it back up

Comment

Bummer, yeah we called but couldn't get an answer, I really hope it doesn't happen again this weekend. It cost us a bunch of money and angry customers....our phones BLEW up......and not with group reservations lol.

Comment

I heard they didn't answer their phones or anything... that really sucks! I can't believe a ticketing company server would go out knowing how people depend on that service. We've learned over the years a lot about servers which is why we went with the Amazon Cloud ... they have massive servers and they give you more when you need more. I'm glad they got this back up for ya but you have to ask yourself why couldn't that have happened on a Tuesday? LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

TicketLeap Update re: Outage

Hello all: I absolutely feel everyone's frustration and I fully understand why you're upset. I wanted to forward an update from TicketLeap's Chief Technology Officer, Keith Fitzgerald...

----------------

"There were service disruptions to the TicketLeap platform on Saturday Oct. 20 and Monday Oct. 22. TicketLeap uses the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform for cloud hosting and the problems on Monday afternoon had a widespread impact on AWS hosted websites. These issues impacted many popular sites including Reddit, Foursquare, Netflix, Minecraft, and others.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellycla...eddit-with-it/

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/1...r-down-in-tow/

TicketLeap is working closely with Amazon on the root cause of the issue and will take the necessary steps to minimize risk of further disruption."

--Keith Fitzgerald
            TicketLeap CTO

----------------

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally. Yours, - Lee
            sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Also...

PS: Please know that TicketLeap's entire Tech Dept is on a high-alert status for the remainder of haunt season.

In the meantime, if you have ANY questions or concerns - Please don't hesitate to call my direct # (215) 525-1300 x129
              sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Yeah....it's a real bummer.

And I doubt I'll use Ticketleap again, when I replied to their original email back to me I got a copy and pasted response that didn't even answer or say anything relevant to my concerns.

Sorry Lee, but the surprising lack of customer service was just a bit too much throughout this whole thing.

Comment

We had called, emailed and texted Lee about this on Saturday night. I am very glad that we don't run our credit cards through TicketLeap. As Larry Kirchner said, he uses Amazon, and apparently so does TicketLeap. I know that on Monday, HauntWorld was down as well. So, SHIT HAPPENS. Lee with TicketLeap told use to just take people at their word on online ticket sales, and they would cover our costs if someone lied. I know that we have not had any issues with TicketLeap in the past, and we WILL continue to use them. Amazon or not, Technology is only as good as the people you create it.
                  Sean Hughes - National Sales Manager
                  sean@pixelpushersinc.com
                  312.613.7326 Mobile
                  847.550.6560 X 102 Office
                  844.44.PIXEL X 102 Toll Free

www.pixelpushersinc.com - The nations leading printing and design company for the haunted industry.

Comment

Ticketleap

I think I was the first one or one of the first to contact Lee about this issue at that time he did not know of any problems. I will say that the CEO of the company called me yesterday and told me what happened and I think that's great that he reached out about the issue to me and hopefully he will make a full statement to us all. We all live in the world of the internet and things will happen from time to time we lose connection, email, webpages, websites, the net itself it happens! I am sure Ticketleap would have found a much better time to screw up something if it was on their end. On that note I will say this customer service and tech support is very important to us all much as a scared child to their mother WE NEED that comfort and I have told Lee many times they need a 24 hour tech support person. He's told me many times call him directly but personally I feel that's just to much for him to have to take on when the company can simply hire a tech guy even if its just during peek event times I would say like 6pm to midnight. It's not alot to ask for for comfort. I am told others offer that but I have also been told others don't have it either they just claim to so who knows. Again I think Lee goes way beyond what he should be doing for his company and hopefully hes being rewarded for his efforts. I would say to anyone don's fix it if it's not broke! In 7 years this is the first issue I have had with Ticketleap can you say that about your company? Will they guarantee you that will never happen to them? If so get it in writing because they are full of shit much as shit happens! Give them time to address this. Yes I would have loved to have a update phone call every half hour but I realized I was not the only one! Shane and it's hang in there! Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

I will also say that I to called Lee as soon as I found out it went down and Lee pickup the call and told me the same thing, They were not sure what was happing because it was still early in the problem but to take the tickets and if you have any issues we will cover it. People can boo who that it happened but in the computer age shit happens , and I don't like when people jump on something like this and try to use it as a (see see there no good) because they have there hand up the ass of a different company. Lets remember it's a computer, and I don't believe it figure it was a good time to go on a coffee break.

If I were to jump on a cause it would be safety in our industry, If a companies sever goes down it effects us for a day or two, If someone gets hurt in our industry we all hear it for years. Trust there's stuff that happens that I can't believe either.

Robert J Dudzieck
                      Fright Factory PA
                      All Seasons Entertainment

Comment

Lee has an account on this site... he should have got on here and posted something about it. This is something that shouldn't fail... almost 40% of my tickets are now sold ONLINE I can't afford for that to go down. I do understand that anything can happen because anything can happen has happened to me a few times... which is why Lee should come on board and give people an update. Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Okay, so since I started the thread, I just want to clear the air.

I have no affiliation with any other ticketing companies. I actually was using another one, and Shane's continued support of Ticketleap is why I switched over. Shane is one of the smarter business people in the industry, and someone who can be BEYOND trustworthy. I put my companies hand and good name in Ticketleap's hands because of the recommendation of someone else.

I understand technology can only be as good as the people who make it. However, the people who made it, should know the limits of their own creation. Don't market and sell a service that is so important to the success of one's business without the ability to back up what you're promising. I LOST a LOT of money thanks to Ticketleap's failures, and at the VERY LEAST the junior genius representative Matther Baehr who responded to my inquiry about issue, and some way of resolving it, gave me an irrelevant, copy and pasted load of horse crap that was so unprofessional and impersonal if I was his boss I'd fire him.

I wish I was able to contact Lee, as I know he is upstanding in the industry, but to be honest, this is my first year being 110% in charge of EVERYTHING. So I never needed to interact with Lee or anyone before this year, and with so much on the line, it is a GIANT blow for us and I didn't have a Lee to help me out at the time.

Talking about Lee, Larry is right, LEE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST PERSON ON HERE. NOT ME. I have publicly voiced my difference of opinions with Larry in the past, but have enough sense and balls to admit when I wholeheartedly believe Larry is correct. Lee should have been on here. Lee should have been more involved and Lee's company should be able to ENSURE that this will not happen again, and quiet honestly, Ticketleap should provide some form of compensation to the companies that were involved. I don't give them a much higher than most other ticketing companies rates just to be damaged by their system and then ignored for it.....TicketLeap needs to do something for EVERY SINGLE COMPANY that was affected by their failures. And from hereon out, as Larry mentioned, LEE needs to take a more proactive approach for his customers in the future and be much more ready for the possibilty of a system failure. There's no reason some one like me should have to resort to coming on a public forum for help, before he/Ticketleap posts anything, that's just pure human mistake and error in judgement on their behalf.

Comment

Wait Hold on a minute here...I can see your and Larrys point, But Lee did come on here...He Did Post...told you what happened. As for him to be the first, lets think of it like this

Servers are crashing, Whole system is down, Haunts are blowing up your phone, your a sales guy, and your first reaction is OH HEY....LET ME GO TO HAUNTWORLD and make a thread. NO! you do everything you can to help the people on the phone. He might not of even had info on what was going on.
                            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Bobby

I understand your aggravation but in Lee's defense he is just one of many who works for TicketLeap also you may not know this but Lee has been off work for several weeks due to a injury he recieved hes actually just been back a few days. My friend you do what you need to do to make you feel better but just as TicketLeap and HauntWorld had issues last week and neither were their faults it can happen to any company at anytime. Again tech support at the end of a phone line is great but really and honestly who the hell does that in this Industry? Shane and it's hang in there and hope your season is great! Shane
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X