Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I create the feeling of falling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I create the feeling of falling?

OK How can I create the feeling of falling? without makeing my guests fall?? I had a set up we wanted to use but our inspector said nono lol... I was going to use a large pallet jack as a drop for our Mine shaft cage... now I am looking for a cheap fix, I have the cage built it hold 6 people max... I want to give them the effect of droping down the shoot... ANY IDEAS>>>>

Well falling is a difficult sensation to create. Either your guests will have to actually fall to create the sensation of weightlessness OR what you can do is enclose them in an elevator / box type of thing with a window. make a scrolling wall that looks solid when they enter and when they fall have the lights flicker and turn on the wall outside the window and it'll look like you're falling. Disney used that technique in their old attraction "the living seas" at EPCOT. This link (although hoakey) is a good illustration of what i'm talking about but to create the sensation of falling, obviously you'd want to have the walls scroll faster than in this scenario. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e_ws7QVuLU

Comment

I like that effect...BUT it needs more! I thought maybe just going with air bags and putting them on a controler not sure????

Comment

you have to use the air bags that you are thinking of and have a lighting effect that travels up as the air deflates if you ever go to Orlando at universal studios the Spider Man ride they do the best dropping effect i have ever seen.

Comment

Due to saftey you cannot really drop people, and unless you have a multi story house with an elevator the whole dropping part cannot be done with real movement.

The idea of the window with the wall moving by is what you should go with, but add the following for added effect.

Wind: An air effect of air rushing upward through the bottom of the elevator to out the top. The rushind sound of air helps the illusion.

Vibration: cause the floor and walls to vibrate.

Swing: suspend the cage from a strong frame so it can wobble a little from side to side, then when they are 'falling' have a device to shake the cage a little.

Sparks: outside the window have a spark generator to create some sparks shooting up as if the eleveator is scraping on the side wall.
          www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

I was looking up zip lines and ran across this, which may help.

http://www.studiotekfx.com/shockdrop.html
            www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Thankz for that link... I might be able to fit that in our buget I sent them a email to see what there costs & shipping are???

Comment

Working...
              X