Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haunted Attraction Magazine - Missing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Attraction Magazine - Missing???

I renewed my subscription to Haunted Attraction Magazine back in September, missing the fall issue. When I called their customer service line, the lady informed me that they didn't have me in their systems because they only update their systems on a quarterly basis. I asked her if it would be possible to receive a back issue, being as I had just missed it, and she told me that I had to contact "John" and ask for the issue in question. No response to phone calls or emails. Now, when I do a search on the web for the magazine, I can't even find their website. Does anyone have any info on what's going on (i.e. new website, reorganizing, going out of business).
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Seems they are out of business or something. If you visit their website their site is no longer active.

I have no idea what is going on there. The good news is ... that Hauntworld Magazine will publish another issue soon!

Let me just say that I doubt John knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he bought that magazine. There is NO money to be made running a magazine and when I say NONE I mean NONE! I do sympathize with him, and I do hope everything is okay with him. And honestly I hope they come back and publish the magazine but I wouldn't be surprised if they do not. Printed magazines are becoming harder to find these days.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I haven't received an issue from HA in quite awhile. Last one was 57, luckily my subscription ran out then and I haven't bothered renewing seeing as it looked bad for them pretty quick after the publication was sold.

I've had issues with HW as well though. Last year I had to email for just about every issue when I didn't get it. Despite that I did renew last month with Haunt World asking to start with issue 31. But I've received nothing, seems my order was lost even though I was charged for it. Ms. Ludwinski was trying to assist me but I've heard nothing since Nov 5th.

It seems all these magazines have issues of one kind or the other. :/ Out of all the magazines I've had subscriptions to I can only name one that has been consistent.

Comment

I have had some problem with some DVDs and Patti has always been good about taking care of things. It does take a little time, but she will handle it. From what I can tell she wears a lot of different hats around there and she did tell me that they just hired her some help. Just keep reminding her by email if you don't get a response in a couple of days. Like I said she has always come through for me.

Phatman
        Phatman

Comment

Thanks I hope so. I've sent two emails and received nothing back in the past week or so. I was a little trepidatious about subscribing again after last year, but here's hoping.

I had a dvd on my christmas list this year..hope whoever orders it doesn't have a problem. :/

Comment

Simple solution?
            Fright Times magazine! Talked to the owner at National Haunters Con this past year, great guy, fun magazine and I never heard of people having issues with him.

Comment

Do you have a link for them ?

Comment

$20 a year and they never screwed me!

You can even go through and order older issues if you'd like!

http://www.frighttimes.com/subscribe.htm

Comment

We've had as many as 2500 subscribers, and we've probably had 4000 or more different subscribers over the years so when you aren't really in the publication business and your forte isn't doing them you make mistakes. I'll always be the first one to admit we are not perfect because we are not... however anyone who has ever emailed me or Patti we take care of it.

We are really going to expand our haunted house supply store ... we will continue to add products over the next month.

Some of the new stuff you can buy now is blood paint, rust paint, CGI FX videos and we are making some new how to dvd's right now...

Our focus with the site is sell things that help you operate or build your haunt. www.hauntedhousesupplies.com

We do our best to get things out quickly.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I don't fault for mistakes when you have a business to run, I get that. But it does seem like a lot for me personally. I mean it's been over a month since I renewed and no progress has been made on figuring out what went wrong. It's nice ordering something and not having to worry over it. That hasn't been my experience so far though.

I'll order a sample issue of Fright Times and check it out.

Since we're talking about various magazines. Has anyone else had a problem with 13th Hour ? I ordered one issue from them and had to call and email for over a month before I received it. That killed that subscription for me.

Comment

13th is the BIGGEST scam in the industry!!

Look up old posts on them and realize that they're the most hated magazine in the world of haunting!! They've managed to not only fuck subscribers but advertisers as well! Stay away!

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Oliverson View Post
                        I renewed my subscription to Haunted Attraction Magazine back in September, missing the fall issue. When I called their customer service line, the lady informed me that they didn't have me in their systems because they only update their systems on a quarterly basis. I asked her if it would be possible to receive a back issue, being as I had just missed it, and she told me that I had to contact "John" and ask for the issue in question. No response to phone calls or emails. Now, when I do a search on the web for the magazine, I can't even find their website. Does anyone have any info on what's going on (i.e. new website, reorganizing, going out of business).
                        I got an email from John a few weeks ago in regards to their site being down. He said that they are in the middle of a redesign and it should be back up and online soon. Hopefully everyone will get the magazine and the site will be back online soon.
                        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                          13th is the BIGGEST scam in the industry!!

Look up old posts on them and realize that they're the most hated magazine in the world of haunting!! They've managed to not only fuck subscribers but advertisers as well! Stay away!
                          I had a feeling that was the general opinion. When I ordered my clown issue they were pretty new and I hadn't heard much bad about them. They were even advertising in other magazines. They were VERY expensive too..hence the one issue only I wanted, but their customer service sucked beyond belief. Many morning's I was trying to complete tear down while calling them to see where my book was. I hate doing that. If you trust a place enough to send them your money they should be able to be trusted to get the item in question out to you in a reasonable amount of time without much hassle if any..that's ideal at any rate.

Originally posted by MovieRelics View Post
                          I got an email from John a few weeks ago in regards to their site being down. He said that they are in the middle of a redesign and it should be back up and online soon. Hopefully everyone will get the magazine and the site will be back online soon.
                          It's odd the site was down for most of October though..that wasn't a good time for a redesign if that's what was causing it. I ordered my subscription through the account creator on the main page as I was placing an ad for our haunt there. That process was lengthy and confusing a bit..but anyone that's done it, there at the end is where I added a subscription and completed payment through my credit union. I have a statement showing payment was sent to HA..but I can't figure why they don't have a record of it. :?

Comment

Bobby, I'll second that. I subscribe to Fright Times Magazine and I've never had a problem with them. I've written for them before too and they've been very easy to deal with. I can't say enough good things about them.
                            Spooky Wishes
                            Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

magazine

Last Xmas i bought a subscription for my brother, he received 1 issue, never received any after that. Emails went unanswered.

Comment

Working...
                              X