Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2005 - Dennis Kingsolver

http://iamslarti.livejournal.com/191...l?thread=34010

In the summer of July 2005 Dennis was trying to remove an elevator to make some sort of slide or ride or something. He was cutting on the cable and the tension caused the cable to snap hitting Dennis and removing part of his head then causing him to fall down the shaft where he died. Dennis was a guy who actually wanted to run for mayor of KC. He started a huge animation company and ran the haunted house Catacomb.

Just wanted to throw out there that Dennis is still missed.

He was a regular on these boards and one of the best guys the industry ever had!

He had five children and a wife who he left behind. Share your thoughts about Dennis

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Wow! He sounds like he was a stand up guy, an inspiration to many and very helpful to others. I wish I could have met him. I started haunting in 2005 and never got the pleasure of meeting, reading his posts or even seeing his show. Oddly enough, I visited the building of his last location of the Catacombs this past season, not knowing that's what it used to be. There were many people there telling stories of what the show used to be and how important it was. It was neat hearing about the history of that part of town. The building is fantastic and I can only imagine what he was going to do with it was gonna be greatness. Thank you for posting this. I believe knowing the history of those who helped shaped the industry is important to continuing their legacies and further advancing the industry they helped build.
    Daniel Burnett
    PR/Operator
    Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
    13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
    whenhingescreak.com

Comment

Very Sad!

It was very sad and tragic when that happened! I remember when it did. I always wanted to go to his haunt when i would visit the Beast And Edge of Hell. But i never got to see it. Whatever happened to it? Did they have an auction? And what happened to the building. How is his family doing. I hope there doing ok. So sad. I remember his booth at Transworld in Chicago as well.
      Damon
      www.frightmasters.weebly.com
      Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
      X