Oak Island Emergency System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Island Emergency System

Did anyone purchase this and use it last year? I think it was like 2500 and had voice evacuation, emergency light, electrical shutoff, etc. Just wondering if it worked well, can be added on to, etc.

I'm prob. just "Stupid"?

But with a building filled with many loud, screaming "Voices" how would voice-activation work as intended?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Good question Jim,
      I always thought the same thing.
      They required us to have it.
      We made our own with a Guilderfluke Sd-10
      In testing.....They very were happy the way it worked......

John
      Last edited by xtremecreator; 04-20-2011, 09:05 AM.

Comment

You would need to check with your fire marshal to see if you can even use the oak island system. We are being required to follow the exact letter of the code which is alot more than what that system provides.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Yes, Most jurisdictions require a certified system installed by licensed contractors.

Matt
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Anyone have a link to the system? I'm very curious to what they're including for $2500.

Jim - I'm assuming it's a voice-prompted fire alarm, rather than the standard Temprol3 siren. The voice directions are supposedly more clear and get the point across, "Please exit the building" as opposed to a siren. Typical fire controls will kill any music and play the voice track instead.

It could be a cool system, but as far as giving the ability to kill power, etc.. That's asking for a lot. I haven't been in a single haunt yet that a "insert this product here" control will work with. We have 9 subpanels, plus a main panel that there is nothing off of the shelf to do an automatic power kill for. Then you start getting into 3p systems, etc.

But as Brian said, ultimately it's up to the people inspecting you. We get 4 different inspections per year (building, fire, electrical, PA state attraction) and they all want something different.
            -Brandon Kelm
            Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Emergency system

I would strongly recommend that Oak Island submit the system for national certification approval. In Weights & Measures (my line of expertise), there is something called 'type approval'. This means that the scale, gas pump, etc. has been rigorously tested by NIST and receives a 'Certificate of Conformance' which makes it legal for use in commercial applications. I assume there is something similar for fire safety and alarm equipment. Individual states have to adopt the regulation to make it a requirement but I'm glad to see that somebody put a package together like this. Making it legal in all 50 states would be a dream come true.

Steve...
              UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

emergency safety system

here is a link to the emergency safety system. this is actually not OI, its sold by scareproducts.

http://www.issuu.com/damonwilde/docs...roductscatalog

see pg.43
                sigpic
                Damon Wilde
                www.damonwilde.com
                www.theboneyardfl.com

Comment

Working...
                X