Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old is to old to go trick or treating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is to old to go trick or treating???

How old is to old to go trick or treating?

What do you do if the kid is in your opinion to old?

I didnt know you were ever too old!
    damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

I went trick or treating with my neice when I was 18 and one lady told me I ought to be ashamed of myself. Most people didn't say anything, they just gave her handfuls of candy and me one piece

Comment

When I was a kid..

The Shimer College students here in town would be Trick-or-Treating next to us, I thought it was neat since they were behaved and had some neat minimal costumes.
        No costume = no treat.
        As I remember it they would sometimes all be singing and putting on sort of a show for their candy. Not a mean show just entertaining.
        It was a liberal arts college.
        Maybe this made a difference?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Oh i think there is no age limit for trick or treating! I mean i go trick or treating with my nephew all the time! Sure i get a few dissaproving stare but they can...go jump in a hole and die ((in a nice way!)) because i love halloween and everything about it! Including trick or treating.

Comment

I say as soon as you stop taking the time to come up with a costume, then you should stop. I HATE when you get stupid teens who should have a job, begging for candy in the street clothes. I save the dum dum and smarties for them (the suckiest candy you can get on halloween)
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I agree smarties taste like chalk. Hahaha

Comment

In general, I think if you are younger than a teenager, then trick or treat, older than that, then its probably time to have a costume party at Mom and Dad's place instead.

However, that choice should be up to the family treat or treating, not the people giving away the candy. Comments should not be made.

I am 6'5" tall, my wife if 5'9", my 11 year old daughter is almost 5'11" tall. She went trick or treating with her younger siblings and several old hags made comments about her being too old. What a nice thing to say to a young lady taking her siblings around the neighborhood. When she got back out to the road and told me what happened I started up the driveway, all I got out was she's only 11 you old before my wife's fingernails caught up to my arm.

Comment

I think 71 is the last year its normal to go at 72 you just look weird out there.

Comment

Of course the heart-filled answer that everyone wants to hear is: "Ya see Timmy, as long as you keep Halloween inside your heart and believe in the spirit of the holiday you will never be too old to enjoy the fruits of its beauty." Of course many of us know that this is not the case. However, it is not without its own rewards. The process itself is just like maturing in real-life. And with maturing, our purpose changes from going house to house, to becoming the house. In that respect we don the responsibility of becoming the suppliers.
                    In turn when we felt the excitement of approaching the cob-web and black-lit drenched houses and the surprise of the skeleton man hiding in the bushes with his bowl of endless candy, we now create those feelings of excitement for the rest of the world.

Or just wear a mask that conceals your face entirely and try to speak as little as possible, and punch the vendor in the face, take the bowl of candy, and run.
                    Goblins, Ghoulies, Creatures and Frights, We summon you now, to dance through the night!
                    -Madame Leota, Phantom manor

Comment

if your dead, your too old for trick or treating.

Comment

I really don't understand people who give a hard time to older trick-or-treaters. If you're generous enough to participate in giving out treats on Halloween, why would you suddenly become a Halloween Scrooge by being mean to older trick-or-treaters?!? As long as they're in costume, and are being polite, what is the big problem?!? Especially when it's older teens... I mean, think of the other things they could be out doing (which I won't even list here), but instead they're choosing to participate in a happy, harmless community tradition. In what way is this an offense to someone?!? Are the extra 5 or 10 pieces of candy someone might give out to older trick-or-treaters over the course of the night really going to break the bank?? I just don't get it.

I also sympathize with a previous poster who wrote about his tall (but only 11 year old) daughter getting hassled. Having been over 6 foot tall while still in elementary school, I can totally relate. How do you know how old someone in a costume is, just because they're tall?! You don't.

I say if a trick-or-treater is in costume, and being polite, toss them some candy! If you're going to be cool by participating in giving out treats on Halloween, don't undo your coolness with ageism.
                        Last edited by DarkTikiEntertainment; 09-21-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TerrorTent EX View Post
                          I think 71 is the last year its normal to go at 72 you just look weird out there.
                          LOL, that is just too darn funny! I'll agree with ya though.
                          John Elks - Staff

www.deathrowhauntedhouse.net

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post
                            When she got back out to the road and told me what happened I started up the driveway, all I got out was she's only 11 you old before my wife's fingernails caught up to my arm.
                            That part is amusing, although I'm sure it didn't feel so good Sorry that your daughter had to go through that. People can be so ignorant... I'd be a bit irked, too.

I really don't think that anyone is ever too old to TOT if they so choose, as long as they are respectful.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
                            Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

Comment

I agree with everyone else, you can never be too old! Though I may skimp a bit on the candy if the costume is crappy or unoriginal. Or god forbid, street clothes!

If the person is older and has a good or original costume, Ill give them more than the little kids to be honest.
                              "If I ever hear , "Boo", "Hiss", or "Roar", I will personally kick you in the pants."

Comment

Working...
                              X