Extreme haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme haunts

The haunt that i work for is working on making an extreme haunt where you have to fill out a form just to go through due to the fact that the actors can actually touch and spray you with water... here is the deal. i am curious on how to train the actors that will be working in the house and how do i get a great quality scare that is different from the normal haunted house. Thanks in advance for all the help...
    SCORN
    MANAGER AT SCAREMARE
    LOCATED IN LYNCHBURG, VA
    2017 45 YEARS OF FEAR!!!

Have Them Bring In Their Lawyer

To go through the house with them (all disclaimers signed and notorized) Then spray the lawyer, if he doesn't sue you, then spray everyone else.
    I feel there may have to be a substantial admission increase over any "normal" ticket price because your throughput will probably drop what with just the extra time and consideration given doing the legal signing. How old does a person have to be in your state to be able to enter into a legal contract? Will a signature from a 15 yr. old eliminate potentual problems? I don't think it would.
    This type of extreme experience will also have the customers expecting more minutes inside the place and it usually does require more time to set up certain more elaborate experiences, as I imagine them.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I have thought of this before and All the gags like water and over the top sets are GREAT but I still think the actors touching the gust is to far because of being sued. we are a small haunt and CANT afford to be in any legal trouble BUT that being said I say go for it you mite open up a WHOLE NEW MARKET for the haunt industry.
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

I went to a haunt last year that soaked me with water a few times and also had rooms full of bubbles that you had to wade through. They didn't have any type or warning or form to sign.
        Luckily my phone & camera were ok.

Comment

You should talk to

Necropolis, of Columbia, Mo. When we were in town in october we went through, their actors touched us and I dont recall anyone having to sign a waiver... I would get in contact with them, they obviously have a good system.
          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Went to Pennhurst and it was a very fitting way to freak people out. We took our crew and it got several of them. They didn't like it but wanted to do it.

Last year going through Darkness I got it with a water bottle. Shocked me but I liked the idea.

We don't allow it now because of law suits. But if it's on the board out front and the warning is posted, they have the right to turn away.

Comment

Then In Paducha

2 snipers in camo. shot leaving patrons with a Super-soaker gun from the bushes, aiming for the crotch of the macho men..."Was it scary? Not too much."
              "Then why did you piss yourself if it wasn't scary?"
              "Whaaa?"

If I were the sniper I would be praying the camo effect was the best possible invisibility-making stuff ever! (Or sometimes a punch in the nose may follow!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X