Glenn hetrick's royal creature society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn hetrick's royal creature society

Hey just want to give everyone the heads up that Glenn Hetrick's (Judge from SyFy's Face Off) Royal Creature Society Website went live a few days ago, so check it out!
    www.royalcreaturesociety.com

if anyone is looking for CUSTOM props, bodies, etc realistic enough to get used in movies, give them a call. Over the years I have seen hundreds of props and makeups they have made for TV shows and movies, and they are unbelievable!

Thanks!

-Tim Bunch
    Tim Bunch
    House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
    www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

New King of Halloween?

Who is this guy and who made him all of a sudden king of Halloween? What has he done for this industry? We meet him at Transworld and man is this guy is full of himself.. Just my opinion but I think he is a flash in the pan!
    I also respect anyone that gets into this industry and makes cool looking affordable stuff for us to sell or wear but he thinks he is already the best and doesnt know he is far from it..
    Last edited by Slain; 08-15-2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Mr. Guyliner....he is a joke.....
      Stew

Comment

Definitely looks like a tool. He's only an average talent guy I saw 16 year olds who were as good or better doing fx at Scare LA. I wish him luck but he needs to stay humble.

Jake

Comment

This could be why he considers himself special. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0381761/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Comment

I was a Glenn H advocate for a while as he does do good work, and I assume his pompous attitude was for the show, however, he is just a rude and snooty individual with little respect for others. I do enjoy his pieces but he's way overpriced and way too obnoxious. There were more well known people than him at Transworld yet he still needed velvet ropes and handlers like he's the Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, or Lindsay Lohan of the haunt industry.....I'm surprised there was enough room at Transworld for his ego! I lost a lot of respect for him after meeting him in person and seeing his off camera personality...which is practically worse than it is on the show!

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
              This could be why he considers himself special. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0381761/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
              Meh, still not great.

Comment

Hey, come on now! Give the guy some respect! After all, he did the makeup for a Pumpkinhead TV movie...

It also seems odd that close to ten of his "credits" on IMDB are listed as "uncredited". Is he making them up?

He is probably having his ego pumped up currently by the fact that he's on a popular TV show... A TV show where he gets to judge other artists at that. This would probably mess with any of our heads a bit, if we were in his situation. There are probably a ton of people around him currently blowing smoke up his butt about how awesome he supposedly is. Eventually the show will end, his fame will fade, and he'll remember that makeup artists work behind the scenes, not in the spotlight. The fact that he went into special effects makeup in the first place means he can't be all bad. He's gotta be a horror/Halloween kinda guy at heart. Hollywood has probably just messed with his head a bit.

I think it's kind of cool that someone high profile wants to do Sfx for haunts though. Even if he's less than humble or personable, at least it might draw some attention to the industry.
                Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Dark Tiki, you cannot make up credits on IMDb, they are vetted and you need proof you did what you said you did. Uncredited usually means you worked for a shop where the boss wanted all the credit. But yes, Glenn is a bit of a pompous ass with his Goth affectation.

Comment

Ego Inflated Prices

Ok...so unless this "Stygian" flesh silicone is something extremely miraculous - then the price for those masks is just way out there - sure you get a collector box, and art print.....but come on the masks look no better that the other companies out there. I think it's a case of "The name will sell our masks"

Comment

there were "some"

People who would only EVER buy a Buick or a Pontiac or Oldsmobile and GM pandered to this , so what happened?
                      People smartened up? A rose by any other name is still a thorny little pricking thing.
                      The "Name" can sell but not forever. Things change.
                      If someone's ego is large enough.. then they can save a fortune because they never need toilet paper, since everything they produce is So special, they can sell it and fight off the crowds trying to lick their butt clean!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
                        Dark Tiki, you cannot make up credits on IMDb, they are vetted and you need proof you did what you said you did. Uncredited usually means you worked for a shop where the boss wanted all the credit. But yes, Glenn is a bit of a pompous ass with his Goth affectation.
                        I wonder how you prove you did uncredited work on a movie 15 years ago? I'm not questioning your assertion that IMDB credits are vetted, I'm just wondering (given the tens of thousands of people, films, and TV shows listed on IMDB) how IMDB has the time and resources to fact check (with proof) every credit on every film and every episode of every TV show? That would seem an almost impossible task for anyone.
                        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Because production companies keep records of everything that got money from that production and when you send in for credit on IMDb, you send them some sort of proof that they can check. It's what I have had to do for my IMDb credits. You send the proof and if it checks out you get IMDb credit.

Comment

I must admit I am pretty disappointed that everyone is attacking this Gentleman.
                            However, He has made an effort, as well as many others who would never have made their way to this industry before, and this is how he is treated. What if he were to see this thread. SO, very insulting. He has made an effort to be a part of this industry, and he gets treated like crap.

But you must realize he was invited to attend the Transworld show, He didn't know anything about it, until Tim Bunch invited him to attend the Transworld show after the Transworld board asked who should we invite to exhibit, and believe it or not he got a booth. He didn't need to bring his company to the show, and that made him decide to start a website and provide product to this industry.
                            As well as many others from TV and other celebrity status individuals. Those from Faceoff, and Robert Kurtzman's Creature Corps. SO, What I am saying is our industry has grown so much that it is pulling outside talent into this industry. Imats makeup artists and film talent And that is something to be proud of.

But if this is how you are going to treat people, then why should they.

You know everyone has the right to have their opinion. But remember what your momma used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".
                            Kevin R. Alvey
                            info at gore-galore.com
                            www.gore-galore.com
                            www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                            www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                            www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you Kevin,,,,but, momma also said treat people like you want to be treated so there you go....
                              its the way he acts, speaks and treats people that is the problem. He should be humble ,gracious & helpful.
                              He thinks he walks on water and can barely give you the time to even speak to him, like your a big bother.
                              Its not only on this site but even facebook has said the same thing. I know for a fact that he has seen these posts on other sites and he still remains a douche.....

Stew

Comment

Working...
                              X