It's time we help each other out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time we help each other out.

I've checked these boards religiously each day, since day one of the site. It is a great place to communicate, learn, pass around ideas and sell stuff. Through the years, there have been fights, name calling, and a ton of Negativity. Let's change the negative! Let's join together and help out a fellow Haunter. Howie Erlich is one of our own. He has been a part of these boards and this industry for a long time and he has fallen on some hard times.

Our industry has grown to a point where it's nothing to spend $500.00 on a basic silicone mask but we can't send a fellow Haunter who has fallen on tough times $20.00. We have strength in numbers. Together, we can help Howie to start the process of rebuilding his life. I've never met Howie, never spoke to him on the phone, but I share a similar story with him in having degenerative disc disease, as well as other health issues. I remember the feeling of the world crashing down and the pain of 3 bad discs aching as my son looked up at me and wanted to play. He didn't understand why daddy was crying as I wrestled around in the grass with him. At that point the pain didnt matter, what mattered was playing with my son. The saying goes something like try walking a mile in my shoes. Well, I have and I can back Howie up as far as the pain caused from degenerative disc disease goes.

I can not imagine how bad the real situation is for Howie to come to us, his peers, and ask us for help. We need to think about that. I was very fortunate to have a close friend who I could borrow some cash from to pay my bills until the season came and went. I had a good season that year and it humbled me. Just a few months earlier, I was at my wits' end and then I was able to pay back my friend and pay my divorce attorney from the profits of one season. Without the help of this friend, I would have been lost.

Come on guys and gals, let's help a fallen Haunter rise from the ashes, it's good Karma. Let's help Howie!

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions
    Owner Monster Mash Scream Park

OMG! Thank you so much Dan! I never asked for this type of help and I am truly humbled that you would make a post like this as well as make a personal donation. You are a great person and good things come to good people. Anything I can ever do to repay the kindness, never hesitate to ask!
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

[QUOTE=Dman;149388]Through the years, there have been fights, name calling, and a ton of Negativity. Let's change the negative! Let's join together and help out a fellow Haunter. Howie Erlich is one of our own. He has been a part of these boards and this industry for a long time and he has fallen on some hard times.

I've only been posting for a few months but have read the boards off and on for about 2 years (give or take), and I can honestly say that I've personally seen "fights, name calling and a ton of negativity" from Howie "Slobber" Elrich himself. I have never met the guy, I don't know him and I don't wish anything bad on him, but you reap what you sow and I know for a fact that some of the enemies he has made on these boards, is because HE made the choice to either begin or incite "fights, name calling, and a ton of negativity". You can read all his pasts posts for yourself. You want the boards to change? Start with Howie Elrich. Sorry to be so harsh, but I believe everything I've said is true.

Comment

Wow!

Once again I will state that a lot of people don't like me, my opinions or my posts. "you reap what you sow" I stand behind every word I have ever stated on this board or any other. I said from the beginning that I am a person who says was he feels and doesn't hold back, and that rubs people the wrong way sometimes. I can live with that. I do not believe I am this horrible guy that has now been betrayed. Anything I posted ever was my honest opinion, right or wrong. I do not believe I ever started out trying to upset anyone unless they attacked me first. But everyone has their own opinion and has the right to speak it. Even you HauntLover.

By the way , I am always open to PM's. If anyone has anything that they would like to talk about or anything they think I did wrong or upset you, I always respond. Their are still a lot of people lurking around who felt in some way that I was wrong in my break up with my former business partner. I urge you to actually hear my side of things before taking anything anyone said about me as gospel.

I expected there to be negative posts about me. I actually would have been disappointed if it didn't happen. lol. There are a lot of Howie Haters out there and it's ok. I may even deserve some of it. I would suggest that people start getting over petty things and move on with your lives.

Once and for all. If I upset you, insulted you, hurt you, began or incited any "fights, name calling, or a ton of negativity. I apologize honestly from the bottom of my heart! Please let it go and move on.

In any case, thanks again to all who are helping!
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Howie's I feel bad about your situation, but I am one of those who have PM you at least 4 times over the last year with my phone number and you did not even respond to say buzz off. I do think that some have hard feelings because of your post but I think most of the time it was not anything other than your honest opinion. I can handle that no problem that you said what was on your mind and nobody had to decipher a politically correct B.S. answer, so I may not have liked what you said but respected you were honest about it. I do have a soft spot for kids and if you would like to talk about his needs you should have my number.
          Phatman

Comment

I don't know Howie nor am I in a position to help (not a haunt owner, just actor/designer/artist). However, I don't feel that it was needed to post about this again and then get at people for no helping out but purchasing things for their haunt.

I, myself, have just ahd a bad taste pout into my mouth with the ability to crowd-source anything your heart desires nowadays. I think it would help him to actually put on his page what exactly is going on instead of just generically saying there's health issues and he needs money. Hell, that applies to prob 75% of the population.

Comment

austind, I just checked my PM's and found nothing from you. I believe do remember responding to a PM a long time ago but I may be wrong. If I somehow missed your messages I am totally sorry and if you would like to resend them I will answer to the best of my abilities.

TheGreatPhantasmo, I was not the one to say about "purchasing things for their haunt." If you look back you will see that. I did not start this post or ask for it to be posted. Dman did that out of the goodness of his heart! As far as "generically saying there's health issues and he needs money" on the site. You are only allowed to have a certain number of characters so I posted points I thought mattered the most. If you read all the replies to the other thread, I did get much more specific about my situation.

One more thing going back to all my negative posts on this site. I read all the posts I have ever made last night that are still there for everyone to see. I would say that in the last two years 95% of my posts or replies were trying to answer a question, give examples of my experiences to help a fellow haunter or to try to help people find a lead to some sort of products they are looking for. If I sounded negative in any posts lately, I believe it was only because I had disagreed with someone point and spoke out about it. I really did not notice any name calling unless I was defending myself or one of my points. It seems that anytime I Speak my mind and it does not agree with the majority or with the supposed leaders of the industry, people say I am being negative. If there was any really negative posts made by myself, I think you would only find them in the first year or two after discovering this site. And even then, I think most of it was more of me stating my beliefs rather than trying to be negative and I have done a lot of growing up in the last decade.

So, again, If I wronged anybody I am sorry. I admit that sometimes my mouth gets me into trouble. I do not claim to be perfect. I do not claim to have all the industry answers. All I can do is try to be helpful and try to help where and when I can. I will continue to do that, because just because I no longer own my haunt, I still love this industry. And so, I am sure that many people over the next several years will disagree with me or my ideas. I ask that you be respectful and actually take the time to read and think about what I am trying to explain before considering it to be negative.

Hmm, even this post sounds negative. Maybe everybody is right????

Comment

It seems that anytime I Speak my mind and it does not agree with the majority or with the supposed leaders of the industry, people say I am being negative. i
                You are right there Howie. It's like this country as a whole you disagree with someone you are considered negative.

DA

Comment

I would like to thank all of the Pod Cast shows that have included me over the weekend and those who have now stated that they will be airing my story on their next show. Also, any vendor that is offering discounts orgiving me a percentage of the money made from certain products. Although there has yet to be any donations from this, I know there will be once the news gets out. I really appreciate the effort you are making on my behave.

http://www.gofundme.com/2q53f4hank

Comment

Glad to do what I can Howie!

Im glad to help a good cause by offering anyone who buys a custom haunted house commercial, queline rules entertainment c.d or custom prop or prop off our website. We will donate 25% of our proceeds to help Howie Elrich. Also thankyou to Tristen Pierce of Flatline Radio and Brian Foreman and Daryl of Hauntopic Radio for being willing to help you when I contacted them. This is what its all about! Helping out not only a fellow haunter but us helping out our friends, neighbors, ect! If there was more positive things like this in the world oh what a better place we would all live in! Tristen even contributed any t-shirts he sell he will donate 25% of sales to help Howie! I am so proud of Tristen! Thank you guys for helping me in a good cause! I hope we can and more can help contribute to help you in your time of need Howie!
                    Damon
                    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
                    Oh P.S Tristens Flatline Radio Shirts look Awesome by the way! I have one!
                    Damon Carson

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Damon! These are great people who do not know me from a hole in the ground. The fact that they are helping my family in this way is astounding!

Comment

Working...
                      X