animatronic crows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animatronic crows

hey anyone interested in some anamatronic crows?

i may be making a few soon to see how they go...

chime in if interested...

simple lifelike ones... with 2 servos at max... and some red LED's for eyes...

of course ud need a controller to run the servos...

like our techFX board using an I2C devantech module can run upto 22 servos for about 80 dollars cost and no code programming using free techFX tools software.. (1 techFX controller and 1 devantech I2C SD21 module)

so you could have a whole flock of moving crows with eyese from 1 controller!!!

drop me some feedback... im gonna put together a prototype this weekend and see how it looks...

thanks!

-=walt=-

cost would be probably about 20 dollars a crow... pretty cheap.
    prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

www.thesiliconhorizon.com

yeah i would possible be intersted.when you get some pics,post .
    thanks

Comment

Definitely interested in learning more... By the way, I always wished my Mom had named me Walt, after the great Walt Disney of course!

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

So Walt Allen whats going on... hmmm it could work. lol... SO on the tuesday after Transworld me and 3 of my cast members are flying to Orlando for 2 weeks. People always ask me if im going for vacation (yeah dumb question) and i tell them 1/2 vacation and 1/2 haunted house business. "Oh your visiting a haunted house in orlando" is what i get next and i tell them no, im going to Disney world. Believe it or not you can get a ton of ideas from disney. Not soo much their pretty pretty princes but just how they operate. I love that place!
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I've only been to Disneyland in California Sean, but never to Disneyworld in Florida. I hear I'm in for a treat when I finally make it! Take lots of pictures and feel free to share! :wink:

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

hey be sure to hit "skull kingdom" on international drive!! its a nice little year round haunted house...

i think they are closing it???.... hopefully itll still be open when u go..

MGM studios is the best in my opinion...

prop controller, featuring 31 io and free software so u can program it with no code writing!! dual voltage feature also which means less power supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycliff Manor
              I've only been to Disneyland in California Sean, but never to Disneyworld in Florida. I hear I'm in for a treat when I finally make it! Take lots of pictures and feel free to share! :wink:

Kel
              Bring lots of money too.lol.
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

yah lunch alone runs a good 10 dollars a person!! ouch!!
                buts its worth it haha.. u can have dinner in the castle which is cool....

i carved open a crow today.... making the head turn will be easy lol... gotta wait on my small cheap aircraft servos to arrive from hong kong....

hmm dunno about the body servos though lol...

the red LED eyes look cool....

but the crows i bought are full 100% styrofoam!! what a mess!!

Comment

just a quick note....

if i dont end up producing these crows... i will be sure and post pics and sources for cheap parts to make it..

Comment

ok heres a pic..

the crows are small.... once my servos arrive ill see what i can do with them.. hopefully 2 axis hahaha well see...

well with 3 of these moving and some crow sounds and right lighting should be a nice effect...

Comment

Silicone, just a heads up SKULL KINGDOM is no longer up. The CROWS look GREAT, Now if we could incorporate one into our new Stilt scareKrow costume.....hmmmmmmmmmm
                      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

what a sad day!!! skull kingdom is my wifes favorite hahahha

well not exactly..

i convinced her to go through and after the chainsaw guy chased her she kept hitting me with her water bottle hahahahaha

but she did alot better at halloween horror nights at universal though

im training her :d

does anyone know what they are building there in its place? definately premium property at that location.. i hope a bigger haunted house....

Comment

Heres the story
                          A life-size winged demon, assorted scary clowns, mad surgeons, butchered patients, eerie lighting and sound systems, and a ghoul puking into a barrel -- they all can be yours for the right bids.

Skull Kingdom, the landmark haunted attraction that closed in November near International Drive, will not reopen, manager Zia Burney said.

International Drive businessman Tahir Ansari, who owns the property and built Skull Kingdom 10 years ago, intends to tear down the attraction and several smaller, nearby buildings and replace them with a time-share development, Burney said.

So the collection of frights -- robotic gooneys, haunted library decor, special effects and all -- goes on the auction block next month.

"It's a pity," Burney said.

Widely recognizable because of the giant skull facade facing both International Drive and Universal Boulevard, Skull Kingdom seasonally employed up to 30 mostly part-time actors and others, he said.

But the tourist-haunting business has been too slow lately, Burney said. Even the addition of a dinner show two years ago wasn't enough.

"This is one of the best haunted houses in the U.S.A.," he said. "It was full of fun frights."

Members of the national Darkride And Funhouse Enthusiasts organization agreed. They voted Skull Kingdom among their "10 favorite walkthrough attractions" the past four years running.

"I liked it," director Rick Davis said. "The facade was absolutely fantastic. I loved it. It was well done. It carried out its theme."

Not all industry observers felt that way. Leonard Pickel and Larry Kirchner, who both run haunted attraction magazines, think Ansari always struggled against early mistakes.

Ansari was out of town Thursday and unavailable to comment, Burney said. Messages left at Ansari's home and office were not answered.

Pickel, editor of Haunted Attraction Magazine, said Skull Kingdom had a "great location." But it cost too much to open -- reportedly $2 million, he said -- and opened with layout problems and routine haunt concepts inside. Ansari was constantly remodeling, Pickel noted, but it was never enough to overcome the interior design and high expenses.

"It was not a great attraction," he said.

Kirchner, publisher of HauntWorld and past president of the International Association of Haunted Attractions, faulted the skull motif -- too kitschy and confusing in a town where Disney, Universal and SeaWorld set high standards. He said he told Ansari early on that a traditional-looking haunted house would draw far, far better, regardless of what was inside.

"Tahir went as far as you can go with what he did. He built an incredible building," he said. "I just don't think it was the right theme."

International Drive might not be long between haunted houses. Another, called "Terror in Orlando," is planned a few blocks south, at the corner of Carrier Drive. Developer Haunting Dreams Inc. hopes to open sometime in 2007, but owner Greg Davis said he could not be more specific yet.
                          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

ace the led eyes and i will buy a few

Comment

sure, once i get the servos ill post a video...

itll come with black eye tacks that u just put over the led eyes to cover em up if u dont want those..

but you know, if u use PWM and vary the duty cycle u could have the leds go from dark to bright (fade in and out...) that would be cool....

Comment

Working...
                              X