Immediate fog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate fog

Any recommendations on the right fog machine to always be ready to emit fog when you want it to. All of the cheapies I have, tend to go into a heat cycle (even though they haven't been emitting fog) just when I want to use them. If I want for when a sensor is trigger, what do you recommend?
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

My old Rosco could do this. I miss it, both of them.
    They were $350.oo, each 15? years ago.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I modded all my cheapo foggers so that they would work even if the heater is on. I can spray as much fog as I want whenever I want (until it cools down too much and liquid fog juice starts squirting out )

I'll do a writeup on how to do the mod on a couple different foggers sometime.

Of course my first recommendation would be to get a good fogger (like the Rosco), but sometimes you have to work with what you've got.
      Motors and skulls:
      http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

They must have their reasons why they don't want cool fog let loose upon the world?
        Modify their product and those immature fumes may degrade brain cells and then we see if Jeckle & Hyde was truth or merely fiction?
        ..."I really don't remember nuzzling upon your ear, Dear."
        "Nuzzle is one thing , but look closely, I now have no ear lobes at all, you carnivour-creep!"
        "So,..now you are like totally turned-on for the rest of your life?"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You make that sound like a bad thing!
          Motors and skulls:

Comment

Heavilly modified equiptment makes all responsibility and warrantees null and void but then , my cheap foggers take more time off work than any other tool or machine I have ever known of!
            Modify away! Put them to work! Make them sweat!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry might chime in on this one as he sells Le Maitre and these are awesome units. You need a fogger with the highest wattage rating rated for continious fogging. We use the VEI V-950 and have had great success with them. These are about 299.99 but will outlast any cheap party fogger. We sell a vortex nozzle capable of accelerating the fog quickly and dispersing it over a large area. These mount to the front of a fogger and require an air compressor to operate. Either way, all foggers have to heat up and have thermostats with re-heat times.

Matt Marich
              Edge Designs
              mmarich@cox.net
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Shameless plug

OK time for a shameless plug......

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT SCENTED FOG?????
                No not pina colada, or strawberry....

GOTHIC....church incense
                RAINFOREST...damp earth
                MILDEW...... mildew damp wood and grannies basement

OCEAN.....water and fish
                FIRE........our newest edition smells like burnt wood
                (fire marshal is going to love us)

As we develop more we will be posting

All you have to do is add 1/2 ounce to a gallon of fog juice...shake....and pour into the machine

www.sinisterscents.com
                shoot us am email for more info if you want it

we are going to be at Hauntcon.....with the 1st 3 scents available in many sizes
                Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Mmm... Mildew...

I agree that good foggers are worth it, especially if you need a ton of fog or run them many hours. Get good foggers folks!

What is annoying though is when you only need 2 seconds of fog so you use El Cheapo, but you need it right on cue and your cheap fogger decides that it's too busy heating up to give you fog when you are ready for it and the whole effect is blown. That's when I get cranky and start modding things. At $30 I'm not too worried about the warranty.
                  Motors and skulls:

Comment

So let me explain the scenario a little better. For instance, with my electric chair....I want fog (just a little) everytime I activate it, it will simulate smoke from the victim. I also have a barrel pop up that I want alot of fog everytime it is activated. What I am reading tells me I just need a better fogger and not the walmart specials.
                    Greg Salyers
                    Fear Entertainment

Comment

I have used the Antari Z-Series Low Lying Fog Machine (around $499.99 before shipping charges for this 60 lbs unit), the F-1250 from Chauvet ($149.99), and have literally had to send them in for repairs twice. Now I haven't even used them in a Haunted House, just a retail store scene, and have had many, many problems wth them. By the way, if you plan on sending them in for repairs, don't expect them back anytime soon! Usually it takes about 4-6 weeks minimum, and the folks at both Chauvet and Antari warranty repair are in no hurry to get it back to you, if they can even find it in their "warehouse". Both companies have stated to me that the "pumps" are the main problem. Either way, it does me no good!

Can anyone please give me a list of a couple of comparable foggers that are VERY reliable, and the companies/product number/website to purchase? I do the cleaning of half vinegar half distilled water and it still just stops working. As you all know this is VERY frustrating.

I too will have an electric chair scene and would hate to have problems during the night with the stupid fog machine.

Also, any thoughts on fog fluid? Where do you get yours at? I have used both the Low Lying and Heavy for the fog chiller and have found that the heavy just looks better. Any other thoughts on this?

Also one more question... Where do you take/send professional fog machines for repair work after the warranty runs out?
                      -Grant

Comment

If you call up the manufacturer they will usually sell you whatever part you need (pump, heating element, thermal switch, whatever).

I buy some things through a theatre supply store here in Seattle called PNTA. For out of warranty items I don't feel like fixing my self they will fix it for me. There may be similar stores in your area.
                        Motors and skulls:

Comment

Your right, the type of Fog Juice is important. There is some real junk on the market, buy from someone reputable. At TW this year was a new company called Froggy's Fog. He formulates his to your spec! In issue 27 of HA I wrote an article on building a smoke distribution box. This might help you a bit.

Comment

My first experience with manufacturing fog was at a camp out as we urinated on a white-hot piece of metal taken from the campfire and held close to "Johnny's" sleeping face...then the wind shifted and was that nasty!
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thats what I'm talking about jim, quality fog juice!

Comment

Working...
                              X