Prop fly accross hallway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop fly accross hallway

I want to have a corpses fly across a hallway in my haunt. I had the idea of fastening a metal track to the ceiling and then attaching the corpse to a wheel that slide a long the metal track. But I cant find any metal track or wheels that this would work for. Does anyone know where I could buy these things or does anyone else have any others ideas for me. Thanks.

P.S. Please don't say look at a hardware store because I already did and there really wasn't anything there.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

I won't say hardware store, but you can what you're looking for at Lowe's Home Improvement store in the hardware department.

Metal track
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...116&lpage=none

Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Closet Track

You can buy a closet track from the home improvement stores that should work as long as it's long enough for you. Same stuff used for pocket doors.

Comment

You can get what you need at an electrical supply house
        like CED, ask for "Unistrut or Powerstrut" most supply houses
        cary one brand or the other. It looks like the lowes photo
        above and they have a set of wheels that fit into the track
        with an eye that you can hang your dummy on. Very strong
        and heavy duty. I can hang on it and I go 250+.
        Gary
        Midnight Evil Productions
        www.MidnightEvil.com
        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Just an idea.

What about using track from a garage door. They are sold in sections and you can mount it horizintal going across the ceiling.

Comment

I didn't look hard enough

I guess I did not look hard enough at my last trip to the hardware store. I'll have to try again.
            Mr. Horror
            The Eighth Floor of Hell

Comment

You can probably find any of this stuff in a dumpster if you dig deep enough. Any houses being torn down in your area just ask them if you can salvage anything before its all taken away.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

Farm Supply Stores

Sell those barn door tracks, wheels, all heavy duty enough to hold a great big heavy wooden sliding door.
                Mount the track on a hinge and raise and lower one end of it making the rollers go back and forth. You could figure it out like a teeter-toter and get by using a very small pnuematic cylinder or a piece of heavy weed wacker line to manually pull it.
                If you had a counter weight doing half the "work" you could design it so you only had to pull the string one time, one direction, the rest would happen via gravity.
                You can find gravity in ice cream shops but this particulair gravity will be hanging just on you.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X