Another radio query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another radio query

Has anyone ever gotten a radio station to do an even split on spots if they are sponsoring you? For every spot you buy they throw one in for free. Is that too much to ask?
    And is anyone else sick of all the other crap radio stations try to pawn off on you saying it is valuable advertising? Like adds on their web sites. All the traffic I have ever gotten from radio web sites over the years doesn't added up to a hill of beans.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

I advertise with a radio group for my other businesses, so I've spent money with them consistently, but I have a 4-station deal with them, and they aren't charging me a nickel! You have to remember that they can sell sponsorships themselves, and they make money. Everyone wins. If you normally don't do any paid ads, they may be reluctant, though.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

A couple years ago we made a deal with a local station (rock station) and they played in 2 counties (same music/programs but different commercials for the counties)...they offered us 60 ads for a set price, then we got them to do 60 on each county (which would be double-120 total-different times) plus a live broadcast thrown in for free...
      The station manager even gave us a casket he wasn't using that was in the back room of the office.
      I don't think buy one get one is out of the question, we got it...
      Expensive, but fun...we did have a few people come from over an hour away...

Kirk
      Kirk Boemmel
      Dark Ghost Manor
      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Clear Channel has 3 stations in our area. We get the top40 station to do a live broadcast and switch the usual 30 second commercial to two 15 second commercials, spread those across all three stations. We give the other stations passes that get given away over the air and two of those stations actually did their own commercials with a "listen here for your chance to win tickets". Another station takes passes in exchange for commercials...we give them $1000.00 worth pf passes and they give us that amount worth of commercials.
        Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Most Advertising..

Tighten your blindfold, spin yourself around, now stop and throw your one dart.
          Then you discover the dart was dipped in poison and you had scratched yourself with it.
          It's Febuary, you wish you had that dart-money back in your pocket.
          Next year you hope to hear some violent hissing after your dart is thrown, maybe it's your competition deflating, leaving only you still standing?
          "Hope" springs eternal...
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So, Jim what you are saying is I should throw darts at the radio guys until they yield? I like it!

Why do they deserve darts? Cause you tell them you plan on spending xxxx amount of dollars for ads, and then they draw up a proposal that costs xxxx plus $500 more. What do they think? Maybe I won't notice the extra $500?

Well, after years of dealing with their BS, I'm going to cut them all loose if they don't give me exactly what I want. I'm going to keep my dart money or find some other place to throw it.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
            X