Coolest Animatronics I have EVER seen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolest Animatronics I have EVER seen

It takes about 3-4 people to work one of these dinos, but they sure are awesome and real looking. Now if ONLY haunts could get things like this in there shows. Too expensive, I know, but it would be schweeet.

In the video you'll see something between his legs, thats where the actor goes to drive the dino. Then there are 2-3 people up in the balcony controlling the body movement and sound. Very realistic and cool.

This video is 8 minutes, but shows many different dinos other than T-Rex

Dude that is amazing. Do you know where these were shown or who built them? I guess all the audio and air equipment is onboard. Im sure it has to pull an electrical cord around though! Oh i wish someone would go ahead and invent wireless power!
    Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
    [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Do you know what the show is exactly or where it takes or took place?
      Mike Cirrincione
      Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
      MAC Productions presents:
      Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
      AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
      Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
      Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Well i just found it, go to www.dinosaurlive.com ...it appears to be a traveling stage show.
        Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
        [n8 creative studios]

Comment

They were built for the Discovery Channel's "Walking With Dinosaurs" live show.

Comment

all can be built for 20 million.

Comment

Yes, it is Walk With Dinosaurs and they have a 20 million dollar budget.

With 20 mil, that would be one hell of a haunted house.

Comment

Sort of like seeing a really crappy movie, hearing it had a 20 million dollar budget ...then thinking that same thing, "I could have had a V-8- hell of a haunted house for half that money!"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of money to spend on something that looks cool but not really very convincing. The walk isn't right. I came across something on youtube a while back and was always impressed by it. I haven't been able to find a use for an elephant yet but can see other possibilities in their design. It's pretty convincing and looks like it didn't cost too much.

I'm not sure how to post the youtube window on here so I'll just post the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN6YcMGZSdE

Comment

Thats a cool elephant, reminds me of the japanese dragons that are in the parades

Comment

Kansas City in June

Im taking my boy to see this so Ill take lots of pictures and video to upload here for all to see.

Comment

I think they could add to the realism by having a jungle set, maybe with some fog. I assume that's what they do for a real performance. Having them walk out on stage with nothing around really draws attention to the way they walk and takes away from the awe the audience should feel. Turn the lights down and have them come running out from the trees and I bet they look pretty scary.

Comment

Originally posted by scattered screams View Post
                          Im taking my boy to see this so Ill take lots of pictures and video to upload here for all to see.
                          Thats awesome, have a GREAT time. When are you going?

shawnc - Haven't seen it myself, but for what I seen on tv, they use jungle sets, and change the scenery for differnt dinos

Comment

Ever seen the old video of the walking elephant from England? It's powered by a Chev 6 cylinder , it "walks" very incredible, especially for when it was built.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I can build you that Dinosaur for ten million cmon!

Hey Mr Warfeild if you got a welder i"ll bring the tubeframe and sandwichs!

We may need a few car tires and a little duct tape. :: Opp's did i say that outloud!::

What do you say Jim how about a little beer and pizza money!

Comment

Working...
                              X