snappy comebacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snappy comebacks

I was wondering what are some good comebacks to say to those smart asses or just anyone who trys to talk to you?

Stay Focused

Don't break character... as in, "don't reply". Blow it off. All they want is to get a thrill out of starting stuff.
    Just my thoughts and it works well. It deflates their balloon in a way.

Originally posted by pyrohaunt View Post
    I was wondering what are some good comebacks to say to those smart asses or just anyone who trys to talk to you?
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

We Wuz Buzzy!

Comebacks galore! Too bad I forget what they were....
      My "Comebacks" sometimes become rather drawn out and convoluted, but people are laughing!
      Tonight a man confessed that he was shitting his pants as I scared him pretty thoroughly.
      Then I asked him if he was shiting his pants or maybe actually giving birth?
      He said it was going to be an anal birth.
      I asked him how it could be born because he was sitting on my couch?
      "Wouldn't the "baby"have to burrow it's way through the cushion and the springs if you keep sitting there?"
      Sure enough, the couch shot upward and the "baby" escaped into the basement after it's extreme and quick floorboard destruction.
      I then requested the two women sitting on either side of him to refrain from re-impregnating him for at least a few minutes longer!
      Earlier tonight as a group was just getting seated a guy was handling a prop of mine (I don't want handled) it was a silky old curtain I ocassionally use as a shroud, it was all balled up, I took it from him without being aggressive then tucked it between my knees , then did a spastic bunny-hop across the room as if it was a normal thing to be doing.
      I also experimented with various ways to say the same lines as I was seeing a new group every 15 minutes or so.
      I effected a rather comedic ring to loudly exclaiming one time:"This house was built in 1870, by a boatload of limping cross-eyes midgets with bad tools!"
      Of course up to "1870" in that dialog my voice is very normal in tone and volume then it goes nuts after that.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What sort of character are you doing, and what's the atmosphere in your area like?

Little relevant things about your position can help you.

Comment

Question?

Would movie characters such as "Dr. Lector" or "Norman Bates" be scary if they didn't talk at all?
          Talking allows you more entry into another person's mind , which if words are chosen carefully can give you much more leverage to scare or entertain them.
          "Acting" can be just a look, or the body language but words complete what these other features of communication begin.
          Of course this all takes precious time....
          Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-10-2008, 07:46 PM.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            What sort of character are you doing, and what's the atmosphere in your area like?

Little relevant things about your position can help you.
            Im suppose to be sliding at the entrance of the haunt, its like in a box shape and its outdoor. I believe im going to be like a texas outlaw. The haunt opens on the last week of October...i dont know why.

Comment

Are you ready to die???

I use cute little phrases like " I want your blood all over me", "your blood is my wine" "your time will soon come" "are you ready to die"? "I will eat your entrails and bathe in the blood of your carcass".

If you say really weird creepy stuff, it usually shuts people up if you are shocking. and for possible trouble patrons i like to say " We are watching you, we are everywhere"
              Virginia's premier outdoor haunted attraction-
              www.wicked-woods.com

Comment

Patron: "Is there a bathroom inside??"
                Me: "Yea, your pants!"

Usually gets a good reaction outta people. After all, we're there to entertain right?

Comment

Hear Hear! Make em laugh till they die!

Comment

Oh the wonderful comments I have both heared and used at the morgue, as recently as last Saturday night. The two best come from my co-workers Warren and Pongo. Warren's was in response to a girl threatening to sue if she was touched ( we make it VERY clear before you purchase a ticket that you WILL be touched and that by buying the ticket and going in you consent to this, so it's a silly threat). She said that, and his response was "Go right ahead, my dear. We have a whole pile of lawyers over by the crematorium, pick one." or something to that effect. The second was
                    Customer: You need to go buy some acting lessons (this said to one of our best *insert annoyed eye roll here)
                    Pongo: You need to go buy a better hair line

From myself, there have been a few gems this season.
                    Girl: I like your dress, can I have it? (My character wears a fairly attractive old fashioned dress)
                    Me: Sure, if I can have your skin

Guy: I'd like to fool around with you sometime (I play a reanimated corpse, you sicko)
                    Me, as I lower my cleaver to crotch level: That's hard to do if you're missing an appendage.

Comment

I'm an owner but I also suit up as a Crazed Doctor, I usually harass the crowd waiting in line. Not bragging but I am really quick with come backs...
                      Last night a some rude punk shouted out "Your costumes gay!"
                      I said "really I like yours but whose dressed as the other end of the horse?"
                      Oh my god everyone in line let out a laugh and just OOOOOHHHH.
                      This guy couldn't find a hole big enough to crawl in.

Comment

well we are a UV haunt and I have contacts that make my eyes glow yellow under UV (and if they wear the 3d glasses they appear to pop out of my head a bit lol) any time I get a comment on my eyes i like to say "Thank you, they were my mothers....she didn't like me taking them from her."

...then we had a girl who...well heres how my room works...i get in their face very anthony hopkins like...all monotone and just freak um out...then my creature comes out and finishes um off....I had a girl totally freaked she was like as down on the ground as she could get even from me alone lol and when he came out she lost it...everyone else in the group was just laughing hysterically....I never broke eye contact with her and shes like "what do you want I'll do anything" And I just had this sick smile on my face and said..."The said thing is...(i get really close now and whisper so everyone can hear)...you havent even seen anything yet." THE GROUP GOES CRAZY!
                        Last edited by Damien Warwick; 10-20-2008, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Damien!

Reading your post had me feeling like I just met my acting brother!
                          Dealing in creating anticipation and fear through subtle looks and expressions, voice inflections and timeing of those much anticpated weird words! YES!
                          I have been told that some think I resemble Dr. Lector, I think I resemble Jim Warfield, a much scarier creature! (once they get to "No"! me!)
                          Aren't compliments nice!
                          This season I had people complimenting my house, as first time visitors, as they were leaving just the first room! (There is alot going on in that room for the ten or fifteen minutes they are in it.)
                          Then I got to say that line about "You ain't seen nothing yet!"
                          Then there is the classic simple line when the customer asks, "Where do I go?"
                          "In your pants!"
                          Last edited by Jim Warfield; 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hmmmmm

Well as I tell my actors......do what I say not what I do....

When I am in costume.....and I get hecklers.....I give them the big fu really loud.......then come back with the chainsaw in a few minutes.

It works for me

My best one though honestly?
                            When ever anyone asks about working the haunt
                            How much money
                            You can't touch me
                            and any other question you can think of..........

Just tell them you don't work there.......or say.....you mean I could have a job here?
                            Makes even the big boys wonder
                            Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

I Could Be Offended....

When a customer has seen a great portion of my place, in which I have built, drawn, arranged 99% of what they have been looking at and they say something like"You must be crazy!"
                              I like to respond with something like:"I didn't just pay you to see the inside of your house."
                              This is "My House" for the last 21 years, I live here too.
                              Maybe such stupidity offends me more than the rest of you for those reasons just given.
                              Some people just have to say something and it's funny how people who will never ever meet one another recite one another's lines so often!
                              "Do you live in this house?"
                              "Yes."
                              "Do you sleep in this house?"
                              "Oh. all you groupies always want to know where I sleep!"
                              "Where do you sleep?"
                              "In the attic, upside down, hanging from a steel hook."
                              (This way if I wet myself while asleep the steel hook won't get rusty.)
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X