DEAD ARCES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAD ARCES

hey everyone I went to the mid west haunters convention and had the opertunity to check out this awesome haunt,I highly recommend it. I particularly liked the dark maze music, does anyone know what band/song they play in there?

no idea, but I should have my first album out in spring 2007, called distant shadows. Its still in pre production though.

Until then you could look into Virgil music, midnight syndicate, and terror media.

Comment

I think you mean Dead "Acres". "Dead Arces" is down the street and not a very good haunt. The actors just sit around on their dead arces and don't even try to scare you there.

Comment

How about an informal vote?

Which is the least desirable in your haunt?
        1) A worker who just sits there?
        2) a bonifide idiot worker who does unsafe things to your customers?
        3)A worker who forgets to even show up at all?

I would favor #1 and #3 over and above #2, I know, it's sad but sometimes...........?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

OH! You forgot my favorite - the over zealouse Jack @$$ who jumps around like a mad man beating on things until he has destroyed every single prop, decoration, costume and mask in his wake. Then asks for more stuff.
          ------------------------
          The child is grown, the dream is gone.
          I have become comfortably numb.

Comment

Believe it or not, I have never had a helper like that. I have had some remove items from their locations then I have to hunt all over the house for them.....
            I scarecely do loud noise scares here, the noise might obscure the sound of the patrons wonderfully rewarding screams and silly reactions, afterall!
            I don't just do this for mere money, you know!
            "Money" gets gone in a heartbeat, hysterical memories live on forever!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

YES, I meant acres, sorry. So, no idea on the tunes yet?????

Comment

Dead Acres Tunes

Instead of putting other haunts down and crying about crap that everyone has blown completely out of proportion over and over and over agian I will atleast try to answer the guys question..... you asked a question for a reason right?

Dead Acres plays music like

Drowning Pool " Let the bodies hit the floor "
                Static - X " This Is Not "
                Rob Zombie

etc etc

they dont play allot of the thunder and sound effects.... to each their own I myself enjoy the hard stuff, hard, violent, music more than hearing dumb sounds. If you are wanting to use music like this try those and check out

slipnot
                mudvane
                marilyn manson
                system of a down
                ramstein

look for Metal/Hardcore/Goth type music if you liked what you heard from Dead Acres ( one of the top 13 haunted houses in the U.S. 9th I believe it was )
                ( THAT WAS A JAB AT THE OTHERS ) then you will be sure to find what you want by looking around. Try some of the internets resources check out yahoo music. ( free ) try lime wire ( free ) and search via your search engine.
                Maybe you allready like this kind of music and I missed your question completely..... I dont know the exact music used ..... I know allot of the music might be found on 99.7 the blitz allot of the guys are sure to listen to that channel. Or even Liquid Metal on satellight.

I hopeI was of some help. atleast I tried to answer your question

Comment

I recently had a customer of mine comparing styles in haunting calling the one , "Oh, the light and music show?" He called their haunt.
                  TV does light and music.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Re: Dead Acres Tunes

Originally posted by malicious_intents
                    Instead of putting other haunts down and crying about crap that everyone has blown completely out of proportion over and over and over agian I will atleast try to answer the guys question..... you asked a question for a reason right?

Dead Acres plays music like

Drowning Pool " Let the bodies hit the floor "
                    Static - X " This Is Not "
                    Rob Zombie

etc etc

they dont play allot of the thunder and sound effects.... to each their own I myself enjoy the hard stuff, hard, violent, music more than hearing dumb sounds. If you are wanting to use music like this try those and check out

slipnot
                    mudvane
                    marilyn manson
                    system of a down
                    ramstein

look for Metal/Hardcore/Goth type music if you liked what you heard from Dead Acres ( one of the top 13 haunted houses in the U.S. 9th I believe it was )
                    ( THAT WAS A JAB AT THE OTHERS ) then you will be sure to find what you want by looking around. Try some of the internets resources check out yahoo music. ( free ) try lime wire ( free ) and search via your search engine.
                    Maybe you allready like this kind of music and I missed your question completely..... I dont know the exact music used ..... I know allot of the music might be found on 99.7 the blitz allot of the guys are sure to listen to that channel. Or even Liquid Metal on satellight.

I hopeI was of some help. atleast I tried to answer your question
                    Bravo dude!
                    You make a good point there. So many people are too busy trying to "Crack Wise" that they don't address the original question posted. Myself included. It's nice to get real answers once in a while too.
                    Cheerz!

Comment

"Real Answers" cannot apply correctly across the board many times because of the extreme differences in haunt styles and local community differences. (and there is a person or a haunt's track record, creating expectations from the paying customers)
                      Maybe this is why I often say at the end of my numerous posts:"But I could be wrong?"
                      If there was just one or two "right" ways to entertain people in a haunted venue.....wouldn't that be boring?
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes , Jim. If I DON'T KNOW the answer to the question and TRY to answer him I will probably be sending invaluable information. Wouldn't you say? If I KNOW an answer I will share. Otherwise you will get silly drivel to entertain. I figure this is better than no one ever responding to a question at all. (plus I love to pick on people who can't spell!)

Comment

Re: Dead Acres Tunes

Originally posted by malicious_intents
                          Actually he was making a pun on the original poster's typo ARCES as in ARSES (A$$es) . Mocking "Dead ARCES (ARSES)" (a fictional haunt) as the haunt with the actors that don't get off their arses is not putting down a haunt because Dead "Arces" IS NOT A HAUNT!

Midnight syndicate is great, so is Hedstorm. I recomend both.

PH
                          www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

thanks for the tip I found a ton of music that I like. I was also specificly looking for the song at the begining of the dark maze if you know it off hand.

Comment

If my memory is correct, Korn's "Blind" was playing at the beginning of the dark maze at Dead Acres. It's the one that starts real quiet with just a ride cymbal and kicks in with Jon Davis screaming "ARE YOU READY!!!!!". I think that's the one you're thinking of, but then again, that may have been last year.

I really liked the Rob Zombie song they played in there. I can't remember what scene it was in, but it's from House of 1000 Corpses. I think it's called "Red Hot Pussy Liquors".
                              To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Working...
                              X