Kickstarter projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter projects

Can I just step out and say that I am sick of seeing everyone come on this board if only to throw up a link to the Kickstarter Project that they need funding on....I am sure that some of them are great and need to be funded but this is not the place for them. We have been hit with 2 alone this week. Can we make a rule that anyone with a Kickstarter and tries to promote it on the boards get the boot (at least the thread). Its getting really old quickly to see all these people asking for money all the time
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

I completely agree with you on this!

Comment

Tater,

Thanks for saying what the rest if us were thinking.

DA

Comment

Best part? A kick starter for a "huanted" yard.

You want FREE money, but won't take the half of a second to proofread your stuff?!

Comment

I think I give about $200 a month to different kick starters. I read about 3-4 a day. almost all of them are haunt related. What I look for is that the kickstarter is for a product as opposed to being for a person or business. I always give what it takes to get one of the products as a reward- so I look at it like I bought something...maybe. There are some good ones, and there are some pan handling ones.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen I agree.

I recently backed the "tile" app for 18.95. Again, as you said, was for a PRODUCT.

Comment

Im considering doing a kickstarter for my next video, pay for the production and replication by presales via "rewards"for pitching in. a few rewards that guarantee products.
              I really want to do two videos a year, but thats quite a pace with everything else.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

For the price of your current DVD or maybe just a tad more I can almost guarantee people will be interested - I would be. You bring a good bit to the table regarding helping the DIYers and those on a budget to achieve professional results. Count me in.

Comment

I've been thinking of doing one for HauntDesignKit.com ...I have several projects that I'm working on that's eating up a lot of time, not to mention the website is completely free and maintaining it takes a lot. IDK though...I don't like how Kickstarter does the whole; "if you don't make your goal you don't get anything". Should be guaranteed because people did pay for stuff, do they get their money back?

Still debating...Allen, I'd back yours for sure!

-Tyler
                  http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
                  >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Kickstarter

Hey Tyler. Kickstarter does not charge a contributor until the end of the funding period AND only if the goal is met. It is run through Amazon.
                    Kickstarter takes 5% of the total raised and Amazon gets 3% or so. I believe Indie-Gogo has a setup that allows an option to take what you make.
                    You might want to check them out to find out if either one would fit what you want to do. Best of luck!

Comment

I just get tired of begging on the forums. It's always "My sister needs a vaginal transplant" or "Help me start the greatest haunt ever". GET A JOB! Don't be a bum.

Comment

Like the internet itself, Kickstarter is simply a tool... It can be used for awesomeness, or used for lameness.
                        Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
                          I just get tired of begging on the forums. It's always "My sister needs a vaginal transplant" or "Help me start the greatest haunt ever". GET A JOB! Don't be a bum.
                          I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll have a look
                          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Nobody Had To Kick me...

.. in the ass, to make me work like a slave-dog in the middle of a dog team to build my haunt because I was already starving to death.
                            I did directly appeal to some people who had known me since birth , that I am Not related too. These were people who knew my Family , my Dad, the town's work-a-holic for all of his years, and knew my work ethic and honesty. Some bit of a "reward" for being right with people as you live in a small town... but then I see this whole planet as a small town and everyone does much better if we have reguard for our fellow human beings.
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Give me da money mon

There is a new one out there that just left me scratching my head. You post what you are trying to fund, and people "give" you money. No return on their investment, and no product in return. Huh?
                              Travis "Big T" Russell
                              President
                              Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

Working...
                              X