Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distortions Inflatable Beast/Creature on eBay… anyone know the story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortions Inflatable Beast/Creature on eBay… anyone know the story?

Anyone know what happened with the Creature listed on eBay a few weeks ago? When listed, the price seemed too good to be true so we bought it. However… now there's a story and he isn't holding up his end of the deal. Does anyone know the story or who's ended up with it *after* we did the eBay deal?

Original listing…

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-The-CRE...p2047675.l2557

Have a good holiday season

Warren

By listing he entered a legally binding contract and must sell it to you, contact eBay and force it to happen. At the price you got it at, you could even hold it and resell it next year for twice as much. Don't let this slip, I'd fight for it.

Comment

You know I use to have one of those things... lots and lots of issues! For one the fire marshal doesn't like it, in one location we tried to set it up at a fair we got rejected. Our customers at our haunt where we did get it open and run it hated it... so we operated it a second year and painted the entire interior in 3D again customers hated it. So we sold it...

Another negative is it gets lots of holes in it and you are constantly repairing rips and tears. Another negative is that it takes up a TON of space!

On the positive side... yes its so impressive looking and very massive. So on the PR side it was well hard to say if it made an impact or not but once I seen that thing set up I wanted one but after having it I wouldn't do it again.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I was more interested in seeing if anyone on here knows where this one came from or what the real story is with this particular one. The eBay seller told me he had clear title of a trailer that contained all the sections and blowers. Once we completed the auction, he changed his story. Now, he's trying to back out of the deal. Either someone is offering him more money outside of eBay or he's running some kind of scam. I figured there'd be someone on here who knows who owned this, where it came from and the real story behind this creature.

Comment

I never saw it on ebay I've been running around town to town... LOL!

I'm sure someone offered him more money for it. There aren't that many out there to begin with I'm sure if you ask Distortions they would probably tell you they sold less than 10 or so. I guess what I was trying to say is more or less trying to make you feel better about not getting it. LOL I'm serious you don't really want it it was an overall nightmare. If you had a link to the ad or a screen shot or a phone number I'm sure I could figure it out for you!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X