Do any pros decorate their homes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do any pros decorate their homes?

I don't mean for this thread to turn into one of those "Look at my cool new Gemmy props" things.

I was thinking about the old story about the auto mechanic having the worst-running car and the landscaper having the ugliest yard on the block. Would anyone have any idea by looking at your house in October that you have a professional haunt, or do you put so much time and energy into the haunt that you don't even have a jack o'lantern at your house?

every single halloween item is at our building now lol so our house is gonna look super bland.
    im gonna put up some lights and a lighted sign that holds fliers to our haunted houses new location this year.
    i totally understand what your saying though.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Not a stitch of decorations at my house, and there never has been, I,ve never been home on Halloween. Wait... I think my wife sets up a pumpkin cut out, and she has a fall garland around the front door, but thats more for fall.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

No decorations inside or outside of my house anymore. I don't even celebrate Halloween anymore. I don't do Christmas either.
        Jared Layman

Comment

My haunt is where the home is.
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I was thinking about that the other day... I'm only a couple years into professional haunting, but I'm still probably going to always decorate my place in some way... at least the inside. I just love the fall season and Halloween too much not to do it.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
            www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
            Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

Halloween

No! Now Christmas thats a totally different story! Shane and its 1 million lights and counting! Shane this time!
              sigpic

Comment

Halloween year round here

We finished our basement, decorated it just like a haunted house, distressed walls the works. We have framed a pretty good collection of posters from some of our favorite haunts. The bar has a little Halloween town with miniture haunted houses and grave yard. I tell friends that it's a scale model of Scare Fair 2010 It's a great place to relax and talk scary stuff.

As far as decorating the outside, we are too far from neighbors for anyone to see them, and the dogs would vandalize it anyway.
                www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

I used to go all out decorating my house and doing a haunted graveyard out front. But now that I got the haunt going on. I don't have the time anymore.
                  ~Bill Mlinac
                  The Deadland Haunted House
                  www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                  www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

With the haunt...NOPE!
                    lol...no time!

Kirk
                    Kirk Boemmel
                    Dark Ghost Manor
                    www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

"i love halloween!"

..and so i'm going to have my own haunted house!"
                      I have heard and read this many times over the years. My advice to such a person making such a statement is if they really do love Halloween, then forget the haunted house, you will never see Halloween again!
                      No partys, no trick or treating, no fun costumes or costume contests or parades and if you are real unlucky and you have a haunt, you might not get to have much fun there either because you will be too busy running the place, paying attention to the details and the problem solving as those October nights whizz by.
                      One haunter told me he spends most of every night he's open on the phone trying to get enough help!
                      I fortunately have a Wife who does alot of the running and ticket sales and group handling so I can be the strange guy impressing customers that I am still not locked up somewhere!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I've been expecting Jim to post and was curious what he was going to say. It turns out to be something totally unexpected (big surprise there!) and probably the most insightful advice ever given on this board. It should be made into a sticky at the top of every forum.

Comment

Thank You Shawnc.

Sometimes some of us forget that we can't be two or more places at the same time.
                          Hours zip by as we think, plan, build and run things, many of us have family obligations and they require and demand attention too.
                          It all just boils down to, just how many hours can a person give to whatever it is they have to do?
                          Then what is left for doing what you want to do?
                          The "Math" doesn't lie.
                          Pursuing our dream or fantasy can leave a person high & dry in other areas......
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Amen to your last two postings Jim! True all very true! I still hope you have time for your butterfly collection. Ha ha!
                            Damon
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Wrong Damon!

That's my "Butt and Fly" collection! Funny how the two are always found together!
                              A shower with soap would change this...for awhile.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X