A face for my costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A face for my costume

Hey guys I'm in bit of a bind here so hopefully you can help me out. As some of you might know I am doing a charity haunted hayride for the town. So far for my costume I have a dark trenchcoat, work pants, and work boots, and I'll be dragging someone one for real with a hand held hook and be carrying a nice rusty and bloody scythe blade in my other hand. The part I'm having trouble with in the face of my character. I dont whether I should get a hat or not or choose between make-up or a mask...What do you guys think? Oh ya by the way my I will be around a graveyard scene and burying someone too!

Well, there is a mense amount of options for what to do with your head.

If you are going to wear a hat, I'd suggest something old and worn. Preferably one that looks like the Creeper's:

Between make-up and masks. Make-up might be a better choice, because then you won't have anything obstructing your view. It can get dangerous when you throw in mix of hooks and live people.
    Last edited by Smiley; 10-17-2007, 05:52 PM.

Comment

If the trailer stops and you've got a speaking part, I'd go with makeup. Otherwise a mask should do you. I have to admit, I love hats on characters. anything that makes the character unique and believable I'm for.

Comment

By the way it sounds I think my area is going to be light dimly. So anything that cast a shadow on my face where they can't see my face good until I'm near them would be ideal for me. And I dont know what to do with the face like be demonic, rotting, etc. Also could anyone tell me where to get a hat like jeepers creeper's guy wears or what kind of hat it is called?

Comment

Ah, think I stumbled on the hat's name: Quaker Hat.

Comment

^^^Yep. That's it.

Comment

For me, makeup is better than a mask. The mask gets too hot and impairs your vision. As for the "look", creepier the better. I like the old "gaunt look" as a standard. Always evokes fear and apprehention.

Do this with a light gray base on your entire face. Then darken around the eyes (not too much though). I also like to use the natural lines in my face and enhance them with black lines. Gives the effect the wrinkles and lines are deeper than they are.

Trick: after applying your makeup, spray your face (close your eyes), with hairspray. Helps keep makeup in place.

Oh, and on the hat, I agree, hats always add that extra touch to a costume. Honestly, I would say any hat that is tattered and worn would work. And since it is supposed to be kinda jacked-up looking, just about any hat would work. Look for an old cowboy hat or a wide brimmed womens hat. Then just bend it, fold it stomp on it, what ever it takes to get the look you want. I have found the best stuff come from thrift stores.

Comment

What I would do is paint my face completely black and dark green, black under the eyes, green on most of the face with a little black mixed in. As for a hat I would use an old, beat up, cowboy hat. That would do perfectly.
                Dead Acres is the place to be...
                5 miles east of 270 in Pataskala, OH.

Comment

Working...
                X