light up neon wire ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light up neon wire ideas?

I was curious if anyone tried this http://www.ellumiglow.com/EL-Tape-s/106.htm. I was thinking of making a dot room type of idea. What do you think?

That could be really cool, but if you use EL wire...its going to be really expensive and a lot of wiring. Used the wire variety at a haunt for stairway illumination and was trashed within the first weekend and no longer worked...not sure if the tape is any better. This was nearly 10 years ago too, so im sure they have likely made improvements to the product overall. Regardless it'll be expensive and labor intensive if you want to do an entire dot room with it.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

"Ruined"? Only "Ruined?

I bought a set of chase lights inside a vynl hose ("factory") when they first came out and the controller, total cost maybe $35.00
      I believe a drunk ruined them by biting them in half! As they were on and working!?
      The vynl was tought enough and thick enough I don't think he could have just ripped it, it was jagged, it looked like a bite.
      He probably only had about 2 seconds to do this as he walked by it.
      That is when you wish that the ruined device was using 220 volts to work! Maybe three-phase?
      Get ahold of that "Wild Leg" and Vegas will seem tame.
      hahahah!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X