Rocky Point Fright Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Point Fright Nights

Just back to Atlanta from Salt Lake after a fantastic weekend. We had the great opportunity to participate in the Rocky Point Haunted House Fright Nights. Cydney was a gracious host and allowed FULL access to everyone for the program. I had been hearing about this Attraction for years and had never been fortunate to get to visit. We made the decision to go because it would be the last chance to go and find out for ourselves what all the talk was about. We were definitely not disappointed!! Everything from the que line to the exit has been painstakingly thought out and the attention to detail is incredible. The Volunteer program she has in place is amazing and the dedication those kids have for their haunt and for Cydney is inspirational. The backstage area is so incredibly organized and even the actor's breaks are on a timed organized system. The show itself is just that A SHOW...and you are fully immersed into a Live Theatrical Experience. There are going to be some very lucky people if you get to the upcoming Auction and actually walk away with something. Met some great people from all over the country and we all want to stay in contact with each other for chatting about getting into the industry over the next year and a half before Halloween season 2008. What a great networking experience it turned out to be as well as a tour of one of the BEST in the Country.
    There are two weekends of the Attraction still to go for Spring....if you get the chance to visit you should go before it is gone forever! BUT....there was a team there filming everything and they have been doing so for about a year I think....so she plans to put together what will probably be a very good and detailed documentary about her whole experience even up to the closing of the show.
    We were so privileged to be included in that last group of Fright Night patrons....that will be a memory not long forgotten.
    Ken

Glad to hear about the experience and also sad. I have been to RP many times and couldn't make it for these final days.

But man it sounds like you had a blast and the event went well.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Sad!

Yes, Jonathan it is sad to get a chance to look at that experience and realize that it is All coming down in a month's time. Sad for her guests, her kids working there, and Cydney herself...so spoke on that several times during the weekend. BUT...she needs to do what is best for her right now.
      Glad I got the opportunity to visit.
      Ken

Comment

If you have any chance at all to get out there one of these last two weekends do so. The documentary will be great no doubt but nothing like seeing it first hand.
        Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

This is one of those "defining moments". There are many great haunts in the past that are just that, haunts of the past. Only a finite amount of people had the opportunity to experience them. It really sucks when you get involved in the business AFTER such a haunts retires. You have no chance to experience that great attraction.

Here is your chance to experience your own "defining moment". If you do NOT visit RP when you had the chance you will look back with major regret the rest of your time in this inndustry. You will recount over and over, "...I had a chance to see RP for the Final Show, but it was more important to stay home and water the yard!!!"

I'll be there this week end, hope you'll join us (even if it means I have to wait in a longer line!!LOL!!)

DON'T MISS YOUR MOMENT!
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

does anyone know if they are allowing pictures to be taken this Saturday, I think that day will be the last lights on tour. I know she doesn't allow them during normal show hours, but does a lights on tour get the same treatment?

=Joel=
            Heartstoppers
            Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
            www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

The schedule on the website says "No photography will be allowed".

I'll be out this weekend as well playing in the graveyard Friday night and the bat barn Saturday night. Anyone else planning on coming out?
              Pain is just an un-avoidable side effect

Comment

I am going to try my best to be there this weekend, don't want to miss this opportunity. Might have to bring in a spy camera...just kidding Cydney! :roll:

=Joel=
                Heartstoppers
                Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Working...
                X